What a game...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

What a game...

Post by formermarcher » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:23 pm

Well, I don't know how many of you watched that Monday Night Football game (Cowboys @ Giants), but if you did, what did you think about it?

Being a life-long Cowboy's fan, I enjoyed it until the Giants made a comeback, but then I loved it so much more after that kick by Bryant (what a break). I was really impressed with Carter's performance, and a whole bunch of other things.
Even though the Cowboys lost a mega-lead, I still have one thing to say:
TAKE THAT NEW YORK!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:48 pm

The Cowboys straight up OWNED the Giants in the first half. The Giants were playing three rookies on their offensive line, and it showed. The Giants made a nice comeback in the 2nd half, and then basically handed the game away. What horrible clock management in the 4th quarter by Jim Fassell and the Giants' coaching staff! Still, give credit to the Cowboys for hanging tough, and to Billy Cundiff for sticking his shots (including his career-long 52-yarder to send the game to OT).

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:49 pm

One more thing: the Cowboys' offensive line looked solid all game long. NYG has a decent defense, but Quincy Carter had all the time in the world in the pocket. If Dallas's OL holds up throughout the season, there are some young, talented offensive players (Carter, Hambrick, Bryant) that could really develop this year.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:54 am

I just found this out:
According to the stats at NFL.com, after two weeks the Cowboys have the top ranked offense, followed by San Fran and Washington.
Two weeks ain't much, but I still like it.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007