beyond tired

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

beyond tired

Post by flagratgirl » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:46 pm

ok i want to know how many people are in my position. in the past week i have had about 4 mental breakdowns due to stress. in the past 2 days i have only had 9 hours of sleep and i have been doing homework for hours on end. i come ohome after practice and i am up to 10- 11 doing hw then i have to wake up at 5 the next morning im really finding it hard to find time to practice but when i dont i get yelled at and if i try i get yelled at by my mom it seems like i cant make ne one happy :(
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

Vaddpopxsquirrel
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vaddpopxsquirrel » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:41 pm

thats not too bad, consider yourself lucky. most of the time i only sleep a few hours a night and then try to catch up on the weekends or something. its not fair but thats life :(

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:08 pm

Wait till you get to college.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:52 am

i can understand how u feel i get very little sleep too.

i find it hard to pull my self to do marching band when i have things on school that are constantly on my mind and that are hard for me to ignore for a couple hours.

in college at least u dont have parents that will get mad at u when u fail A test... u can control ur life more.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:43 am

[UCI]-Mike wrote:Wait till you get to college.
Oh thats reassuring. :shock:
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

kiltedfreak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kiltedfreak » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:59 pm

my boyfriens is going through wat you are...so am I a little the work and all the noise and band and ...........lily is just kicking me in the butt...and i'm haveng hard time iwth this new drill for closer but i'm getting used to it but ahhhh ya i know how you feel
Potato.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:13 pm

The life of a band student...
I remember having to deal with all this, and it was hardest for me during my junior year.
SO MUCH STUFF!!!!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:28 pm

formermarcher wrote:The life of a band student...
I remember having to deal with all this, and it was hardest for me during my junior year.
SO MUCH STUFF!!!!
Oh thats reassuring. :shock:

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:30 pm

Sorry, but it is, plus you already knew that.
Unless you had Cicchi...then its easy cause she don't care about no term paper...well she does, she's just a bit lazy with it.

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:11 pm

It's not too bad for me yet, but I know it will get worse. I don't think the fact that I'm talking a first period this year is going to help at all.

GreyFox112
Rookie
Rookie

Post by GreyFox112 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:15 pm

Well, I know all you Juniors, Seniors, and graduates are probably about to laugh at me, but compared to Freshman year, this year really sucks. I really took for granted what I had last year in terms of workload. The fact that I don't get to sleep until about midnight and wake up at 5:30 only complicates things.

-=(CXII)=-
Obviously, the 'J' is for Jesbo.
And the 'B', well...that's for Burnination

DBbaby
New Recruit
New Recruit

hmmmm

Post by DBbaby » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:35 pm

ok i have a predicament... i am a lead in the school play and one of the nights i will have to perform on is arcaida or championship.... this means that i wont be attending one of these shows... so i decided arcaidia is a better competition to miss because its not the last one.. as a senior i want to be at the last competition with all my friends and all... so what do you guys think i should do?

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:12 pm

I find it easier for me to sleep short hours because if I sleep long hours, I'll get use to sleeping over night and won't wake up. As for the tiredness, only after practice. And my schedule just got a lot busier because I'm getting a job and I just joined our journalism club so I can brag about the bands in our school newspaper. fun... As for the play/competition thingy, Find out what time the comps are and see if you might have any possible chance of making both. If not, then use your instincts on which ones are more important fot that night.
OHS '01 - '05

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:02 am

GreyFox112 wrote:Well, I know all you Juniors, Seniors, and graduates are probably about to laugh at me, but compared to Freshman year, this year really sucks. I really took for granted what I had last year in terms of workload. The fact that I don't get to sleep until about midnight and wake up at 5:30 only complicates things.

-=(CXII)=-
Thats no laughing matter. Here's some motovation for ya:
Its all about the sophmore and junior year. You do well in those, your set. Colleges don't look heavily on freshmen year, and they can never tell your grades in senior year because you apply before the end of first semester.

Keep at it.