who's wierder?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

who's wierder?

band geeks
38%
choir dorks
23%
drama kids
38%

Total votes: 26

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:20 pm

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:I'm in band and choir, but I don't think I'm that weird.

...or am I?
Nah the weirdness compounds but choir people aren't as weird so it might not be a gain in weird points.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:22 pm

I try not to judge, but ok.

I think the drama kids are the weirdest, just because they are the most not shy people at the school. They just talk to you. I smile, and make small conversation, and try not to judge, but it still strikes me as weird that they talk to you and you don't know them.

I'm closeminded. sigh
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

OsideGuardGirl

Post by OsideGuardGirl » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:07 pm

Hah, I totally think that the band has the least strange people out of the 3 groups...Choir can have there fair share of weirdos but Drama is definitely the weirdest, I do know a lot of people in there, they are just all sensitive and DRAMATIC? yah...it's kind of dumb, they get annoying pretty darn fast...go to one of their parties and you'll never want to talk to them again...it can never be a normal party, there's always tears and smiles, songs and gebis, it's awful!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:52 pm

ohs25147 wrote:yeah i dont thnk im that bandy but i do prefer to hang out in the band room at lunch lol
Never did that...I went to place that was even weirder.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

triplettDIDDLE
New Recruit
New Recruit

Band Geeks!!!!!!!

Post by triplettDIDDLE » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:27 pm

i personally think i am a band geek, we all stick together, we have a song written about us, its called band geek mafia by the voodoo glow skulls, that songs cool. the choir people at our school arent really into it, they dont walk around campus singing, yet some people i know in band, do walk around campus playing, and the drama people, i hang out with mos of them, and they tell me im weird, or unique in my own way, however you want to put it. so i say band geeks take it all.
To live in the past is okay. To live in the moment is a unreal feeling, but to look towards the future is what drives us all! Troopers 2004 Live The Legend!

DJ Dilicious
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DJ Dilicious » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:07 pm

I'm going to say right now that band geeks (bandos, as we prefer to be called) at my school are incredibly weird, especially compared to other schools. At any given football game you'll see many of them doing their homework...on a Friday night!

Some of the "normal" bando things we do:
walk in step, march to class, tap drumline exercises during class, think of drill when we hear songs, walk in step when we hear another band giving taps...because it's easier than not walking in step.

Some of the "unique" things we do:
While we were waiting in the bus before we left for a football game, I wrote binary addition problems, computer logic problems, trigonometry problems, and some C++ code (with errors I told them to find). The weird thing about all this is that they got the questions right...
We download multiple versions of songs from our show and listen to them incessantly (okay, that's probably just me but hey, what's a DM supposed to do?)
Talk in C++...(This is a computer programming language, we're going to switch to speaking in java soon though, it's a much better language...haha)

If bandos at your school can beat this, please tell me, I would love to meet somebody thats a bigger bando than me haha. :lol:
"Perfection is an illusion measured by the mind's imagination."

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:21 am

At one football game, a bunch of us discussed why 1+1 does NOT equal 2.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:06 am

in my school pretty much everyone not in band is in choir there fore alot of normal people are in choir
IMO theater people are normal in real life but can act like weirdos on stage
i guess the exremely liberal drama people are pretty weird
DJ Dilicious wrote: While we were waiting in the bus before we left for a football game, I wrote binary addition problems, computer logic problems, trigonometry problems, and some C++ code (with errors I told them to find). The weird thing about all this is that they got the questions right...
uh i wish more people in band can relate to that somewhat so i can actually do that(somewhat)
not everyone respects computers as much as i do
DJ Dilicious wrote: We download multiple versions of songs from our show and listen to them incessantly (okay, that's probably just me but hey, what's a DM supposed to do?)
i do that too i like to listen to all band music that i play and i try to dl as many versions of it so i can get a broader view. it helps me understand stuff beter and that is just somthign really smart to do and everyone should do it.
using filesharing programs make it alot easier to find band music.
DJ Dilicious wrote: Talk in C++...(This is a computer programming language, we're going to switch to speaking in java soon though, it's a much better language...haha)
like i said before not everyone in my band respecs computers as much as i do
i dont think java is a better langauge
i think it's much simpler to use /* and */ to quote people in forums;
the only thing i do close to that is writing away message in code for example:
Isnipewithaknife.Biologyhw()
Isnipewithaknife.killself(ak47)
what's also funny are insulting each other in code!!! and yo mama jokes in code!!
your mom jokes in code
yeah i'm a band geek and computer geek i guess
btw there are some in math, physics, chemistry...... and so on

other geeky stuff i do are:
writing your band music onto your computer through a midi composer program which is also pretty helpful.
downloading midi files of other band's shows or music from movies and play em to annoy everyone else!! :twisted:
band computer game clans
band clan tournaments against other clans in band......(TO band vs Westlake band Couter Strike game back in the day *i did not mean it to be a band vs band but it turned out that way* )

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:49 pm

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:in my school pretty much everyone not in band is in choir there fore alot of normal people are in choir
IMO theater people are normal in real life but can act like weirdos on stage
i guess the exremely liberal drama people are pretty weird
DJ Dilicious wrote: While we were waiting in the bus before we left for a football game, I wrote binary addition problems, computer logic problems, trigonometry problems, and some C++ code (with errors I told them to find). The weird thing about all this is that they got the questions right...
uh i wish more people in band can relate to that somewhat so i can actually do that(somewhat)
not everyone respects computers as much as i do
DJ Dilicious wrote: We download multiple versions of songs from our show and listen to them incessantly (okay, that's probably just me but hey, what's a DM supposed to do?)
i do that too i like to listen to all band music that i play and i try to dl as many versions of it so i can get a broader view. it helps me understand stuff beter and that is just somthign really smart to do and everyone should do it.
using filesharing programs make it alot easier to find band music.
DJ Dilicious wrote: Talk in C++...(This is a computer programming language, we're going to switch to speaking in java soon though, it's a much better language...haha)
like i said before not everyone in my band respecs computers as much as i do
i dont think java is a better langauge
i think it's much simpler to use /* and */ to quote people in forums;
the only thing i do close to that is writing away message in code for example:
Isnipewithaknife.Biologyhw()
Isnipewithaknife.killself(ak47)
what's also funny are insulting each other in code!!! and yo mama jokes in code!!
your mom jokes in code
yeah i'm a band geek and computer geek i guess
btw there are some in math, physics, chemistry...... and so on

other geeky stuff i do are:
writing your band music onto your computer through a midi composer program which is also pretty helpful.
downloading midi files of other band's shows or music from movies and play em to annoy everyone else!! :twisted:
band computer game clans
band clan tournaments against other clans in band......(TO band vs Westlake band Couter Strike game back in the day *i did not mean it to be a band vs band but it turned out that way* )
I download band music and midis too. I wish it was easier to find some band music. It's really annoying sometimes. Most of the time I can't find a piece or I do find it and there's one source that's never online.