Wind Band FM

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

Wind Band FM

Post by Chapagne » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:10 am

Internet radio Wind Band FM seems like a godsend, but I can't get it to work. I think I read about it around here, but can't find the original thread. When I click "listen" it just sits there and "loads" for ever. I tried to register, but the confirmation link doesn't work, even if I cut and paste it to the browser. There's no help and I can't read the FAQ or message boards unless I'm a member. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

http://www.windbandfm.com/

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:54 am

Try this link:

http://www.live365.com/play/338309?auth ... 069&lid=no region-vnm&from=pls

You can use iTunes (Mac or PC) or WinAmp (PC). It should also work on QuickTime.

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

tried...

Post by Chapagne » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:06 pm

I got a download window for a 41 meg file that was transferring at 2 kB/sec. 6 hour download? I didn't go through with it. Is Quicktime necessary to listen? I'm on a pc and I avoid Quicktime, due to its propensity for adding itself to my startup and system tray.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:14 pm

Something is definitely wrong. Paste that entire address into your iTunes and you should be able to play it fine.

Chapagne
Veteran
Veteran

just a humble pc user

Post by Chapagne » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:24 am

iTunes? Don't have that. I've got a PC and I would like to have music come out of it via the Wind Band FM site. What do I need to make it go?

20 years ago I was on the cutting edge of everything going on with computers...then I got a job that didn't involve it, got married, had kids...now I know next to nothing. :oops:

Wind Band FM

Post by Wind Band FM » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:52 pm

Found this forum through my StatCounter account. Thanks for listening!

Chapagne, have you tried listening to the station through Windows Media Player? If you have version 10 or above, you can access Live365 stations through the Online Stores.

In WMP:
View -> Online Stores -> View all Online Stores.

Eventually, you will need to sign up for a free account. Don't worry; they will not spam you or sell your e-mail addy.

Thanks again for listening!

Travis
Owner/Program Director
Wind Band FM
http://www.windbandfm.com

Copyright Notice: Wind Band FM pays all royalties owed to performing artists, composers, and sound recording owners as prescribed by the United States Copyright Law (U.S. Copyright Office, Circular 92: Copyright Law of the United States of America and Related Laws Contained in Title 17 of the United States Code, June 2003 [and recent amendments]).

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:09 am

iTunes for PC

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

PC is no excuse. Apple also makes QuickTime for PC (included with iTunes). Both work with PC browsers, especially Firefox and Internet Exploder.

The only thing that I don't like about iTunes is that it overlaps local recordings on playback. You never get to hear the actual end of a song or story (I listen to radio drama on MP3).

Wind Band FM

Post by Wind Band FM » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:12 am

Edit -> Preferences

Click Playback Tab

Uncheck Crossfade Playback

Click OK