Private Lessons?

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

fjiang

Private Lessons?

Post by fjiang » Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi, my name's Felix Jiang and I'm graduating from San Mateo High School this year. I've been spinning for 4 years and would really like to teach this summer.
If anyone would like some one-on-one help, I'm really looking for a job and would appreciate it.

Thanks
Looking for a job to teach private lessons.
I'm a graduating drum major from San Mateo High School and have been spinning for 4 years.
If any one needs any coaching, I'd love to be of service this summer

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Tue May 01, 2007 7:50 pm

=O IT'S FELIXOMGWTFBBQSAUCE! Haha, hey Felix. I'm sure there are people on here who'd be interested in lessons from you, man. And welcome to the forums! (This is Andrew, by the way.)
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

guardthepiccolo
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by guardthepiccolo » Wed May 02, 2007 12:21 am

FELIX TEACH ME! hahahahhahahahhahahaha sorry okay anyway.
Here's some good word for ya.

To anyone reading this:
I've worked with Felix, as the DM and as my guard student, and this guy is phenomenal. He's a genuine leader, and would be a great teacher to anyone interested. His competitive record isn't that bad either :wink: So if you want some first-class training, contact him ASAP!
Ben Wilkinson
SMHS Guard Instructor
Benicia High School C/O '05
Colorguard Instructor

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Wed May 02, 2007 10:43 pm

I'll second Ben on accrediting Felix as a qualified instructor. He's a true competitor, not only in the sense that he's out there to give it his all, but that he's definitely friendly and sportsmanlike. Always respectful, and his technical ability is some of the best out there. So I, Andrew Cheung, recommend Felix Jiang as a qualified mace instructor without reserve. (Haha, I sound like someone writing a letter of rec or something. Hmmm, maybe I should put up an ad too, haha.)
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

fjiang

do0o0o0od

Post by fjiang » Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 pm

do0od thanks man! You should teach as well! I'll back you up if you decide too.

Felix
Looking for a job to teach private lessons.
I'm a graduating drum major from San Mateo High School and have been spinning for 4 years.
If any one needs any coaching, I'd love to be of service this summer

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Sun May 06, 2007 11:00 pm

Haha, thanks Felix. I'm just kinda freelance instructing around my area, mostly for my school. I'll be the official DM instructor once I graduate.

drummerforlife03
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummerforlife03 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:40 pm

hey im really serious about learning. i plan to try out for drum major my senior year (which is next year) and price would be very negotiable...please contact me at www.myspace.com/drummerforlife03

thanks
Jake Harman
El Capitan High School Drumline
Lieutenant, Lead Snare

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:26 pm

I think you're out of luck at the moment, bud. Felix goes to school in Berkeley and lives over in the Bay Area...very far from Lakeside/El Cajon area!

drummerforlife03
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by drummerforlife03 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:38 pm

damn...i did not know that. lol
Jake Harman
El Capitan High School Drumline
Lieutenant, Lead Snare

ohsnapitsmarco
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ohsnapitsmarco » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:05 pm

Oh look out, its Felix!!! I too would recommend Felix as an instructor for anyone who wants to learn mace. Felix is a great spinner as well as friendly person. I'm sure anyone who trains under Felix will be great spinners and some definite competition.

-Marco Mellone
Fresno State Marching Band Drum Major 2009-Present
Antioch High School Drum Major '06-'07