Bowling For Columbine

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

ricetaco
New Recruit
New Recruit

Bowling For Columbine

Post by ricetaco » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:31 pm

With "Bowling For Columbine" coming out on DVD today, I'd like to remind everyone of the numerous lies and fabrications Michael Moore has made in this hideous documentary. Go here for the REAL facts:

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

The point is not that Bowling is biased. No, the point is that Bowling is deliberately, seriously, and consistently deceptive.

http://www.revoketheoscar.com
"He's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... well, replace the word kinda with the word repeatedly, and the word dog, with son." -Mr. Hutz

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:34 pm

Why believe a flaming liberal that doesn't exercise and have good personal hygiene?
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:51 pm

haha, aren't you supposed to be on a boat somewhere?

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:11 pm

sonya wrote:haha, aren't you supposed to be on a boat somewhere?
In a few hours I'll be on a plane. Hey send me an IM if you want me to send you a postcard.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Bowling For Columbine

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:49 am

ricetaco wrote:With "Bowling For Columbine" coming out on DVD today, I'd like to remind everyone of the numerous lies and fabrications Michael Moore has made in this hideous documentary. Go here for the REAL facts:

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

The point is not that Bowling is biased. No, the point is that Bowling is deliberately, seriously, and consistently deceptive.

http://www.revoketheoscar.com
Agreed, Michael Moore is no better than your average politician. However, "Bowling for Columbine" does have it's nuggets of truth and good points... you just have to sift through all of Moore's rhetoric and his obvious agenda to get to them.

But yes, parts of the film are so stilted as to be intellectually repugnant, like Moore's "interview" with an obviously feebleminded Charlton Heston.

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:48 am

Michael Moore reminds of the type of kid that tries to be as rude and obnoxious as possible to get attention and throws a tantrum when people don't agree with him. Anything he can say to anger the most people is what he will do.

I also find it interesting that he can "substantiate" any claim he makes with creative editing and by taking things out of their intended context.

Basically, I think he is full of more manure than the entire city of Chino...

Typical Democrat puppet-master...
Back to my training...

:maul:

SithScorp out...

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:09 pm

man have u ever been in those stupid AOL chatrooms about presidential elections. it's full of imature kids who spam "______ is evil and stupid" all the time and are even too young to really understand how goverment works. i hate those types of people
i'm a type of guy who will listen to both sides and pick the best canidate not because of that person's party.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:00 pm

Too true. Thats the best way to go...thats how it should be as well.
Pick the best.