Esperanza Div 1?

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Esperanza Div 1?

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:08 am

I'm wondering if Esperanza will sign up for Div. 1 status now that they've acheived the Div. II title. If they do this then man we're going to have 5 Div. 1 corps in Cali.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Esperanza Div 1?

Post by Tyler » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:04 am

[UCI]-Mike wrote:I'm wondering if Esperanza will sign up for Div. 1 status now that they've acheived the Div. II title. If they do this then man we're going to have 5 Div. 1 corps in Cali.
its a little early to be moving to division 1 status isnt it? if they were scoring a little higher this year then maybe. if they really want to move up to divison 1 status, i say they should and probably will stay as disivion 2 status for at least 1 or 2 years if not more. see how things go. if they are scoring 98 or 99s in division 2 & 3 championships, maybe they should consider it because magic of orlando is doing quite well. but if they moved up after this years championship then theyd probably reach division 1 semifinals at the most, if theyre lucky. the division 1 list has been getting quite large

ronz

Esperanza Div 1

Post by ronz » Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:09 pm

Esperanza going to Div 1? ABSOLUTELY!

I would almost bet money on it and you can also bet they'll be gunning to score higher than PC to become the premier Drum Corps in Southern California.

Each organization has it's own timeline of what they can accomplish and Esperanza seems to be on the "Fast Track".

Just my thoughts.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:40 pm

I would be very surprised if Esperanza goes Division I for 2004. Maybe in 2005. I'm sure they will EVENTUALLY, but it's a financial decision that is not to be taken lightly.

ronz

Esperanza going Div I

Post by ronz » Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:40 pm

Financially speaking....

Going Div I is much easier than once before. Since last year when DCI voted in a limited Div I tour capability, Madarins immediately jumped on the boat.

Esperanza raised enough money to tour this summer.
The tour they (E) took isn't hardly different than the tour Mandarines took.

I'm only offering my prediction. Knowing how "hungry" that organization is to climb to the top of the So Cal Pile of Drum Corps, you may see that my predictions are prophetic and reflective of their "ambitions".

And I say...More Power to them!

So Cal needs to have 4 DCI Div I finalist again like when I marched VK in the Mid 80's.

BD, SCV at the top. Freelancers and VK occupying the middle and bottom of the Top 12. (depending on which year, they traded the middle and bottom)

BD, SCV are still there, let's encourage Mandarines, Pacific Crest, Esperanza AND Impulse to crank it up and all get in the Div I Top 12.

Imagine 6 corps from California in the Top 12....WOW!
Now there's a Dream to reach for.

Ron Z
March Drum & Bugle Corps before your 21st birthday.

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Thu Aug 14, 2003 4:14 am

i hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are pretty good and have really good drill written by my schools director and he is the best!!!!!!!!!! 8-)
Nothing is impossible with God!

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:41 am

I asked someone in their corps; they aren't.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:34 pm

I attended the Chargers preseason game yesterday, and the pregame entertainment just happened to be Esperanza! This was the first time I ever got to see a Drum Corp show. I was very impressed with what they did. It was a great show! I couldn't hear them very well, because I was sitting behind one of the endzones. But, they were great! I'll definitely have to attend a show next year.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:49 am

wow, thats really cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! we saw one of there tapes for a show they did there tour! they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awsome!!!! a few of my friends are going to march w/ them next year,i wish i was !

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:18 pm

MCclarinetdude wrote:I attended the Chargers preseason game yesterday, and the pregame entertainment just happened to be Esperanza! This was the first time I ever got to see a Drum Corp show. I was very impressed with what they did. It was a great show! I couldn't hear them very well, because I was sitting behind one of the endzones. But, they were great! I'll definitely have to attend a show next year.
I got a bit emotional during their "You're still you" piece. I'm a big Josh Groban fan. Plus I had a beautiful young lady next to me that I brought along to the show.

I wanted to go to that game just to see them perform again.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:50 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote:
MCclarinetdude wrote:I attended the Chargers preseason game yesterday, and the pregame entertainment just happened to be Esperanza! This was the first time I ever got to see a Drum Corp show. I was very impressed with what they did. It was a great show! I couldn't hear them very well, because I was sitting behind one of the endzones. But, they were great! I'll definitely have to attend a show next year.
I got a bit emotional during their "You're still you" piece. I'm a big Josh Groban fan. Plus I had a beautiful young lady next to me that I brought along to the show.

I wanted to go to that game just to see them perform again.
yes, the josh groban piece was amaizing!!! i cried when i first heard our ballad this year! it's "the prayer" :cry: he has the best ballads

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:12 am

cool