Driver's Test stories

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Driver's Test stories

Post by formermarcher » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:05 pm

Well, I just answered something about driver's permits.
Whats your crazy driver's test story?

Mine is failing it on the turn into the DMV...the last turn and I failed with a critical error. Something about not checking the bikelane even though I knew there was no biker or pedestrain.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:56 pm

One of the reasons why I hate SUVs is cuz of the first time I took the test. I failed at the very end in the parking lot of the DMV. I pulled into the parking lot and I was going pretty slow to be careful. There's parked cars on both sides of the lane and on my left was a bunch of shops. On the left I see this mom and her baby carriage. After them was this big SUV that was taking up so much room. I was so focused on the left side that I didn't see a car backing up on the right. I didn't hit it but the proctor had to intervene.

Boo to SUV drivers that only have ONE person driving.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:29 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote:
Oops, I'm guilty of that! :oops: I really have no choice though. I drive a 4-runner, and it's the only car that's available to me. Well, my 6 months is up tomorrow, so maybe I can get another person in there, so it isn't much of a waste.

I think it sucks that both of you guys failed near the end of the driving test. Gosh, you think "Oh, I'm in the parking lot now, so I've pretty much passed." And then a lot of crap happens, and you fail. How unlucky! jk.

Well anyway, I was marked for 8 mistakes on my test. I thought 7 of them was B.S. I got marked 7 times for traffic checks, but I made all my traffic checks! She thought I wasn't looking at the rear-view mirror, but I was! :x Maybe I should have worn a hat to emphasize the movement... :hum:
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:35 pm

I would have understood, only if they had given a good reason for that bike lane rule!
Ya don't need to look over your shoulder! That is, unless the biker's going faster than you and you don't pass him...but then you see him anyway!

Stupidity on the DMV's part! I've never looked over my shoulder for bikers since.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:44 pm

MCclarinetdude wrote:
[UCI]-Mike wrote:
Oops, I'm guilty of that! :oops: I really have no choice though. I drive a 4-runner, and it's the only car that's available to me. Well, my 6 months is up tomorrow, so maybe I can get another person in there, so it isn't much of a waste.

I think it sucks that both of you guys failed near the end of the driving test. Gosh, you think "Oh, I'm in the parking lot now, so I've pretty much passed." And then a lot of crap happens, and you fail. How unlucky! jk.

Well anyway, I was marked for 8 mistakes on my test. I thought 7 of them was B.S. I got marked 7 times for traffic checks, but I made all my traffic checks! She thought I wasn't looking at the rear-view mirror, but I was! :x Maybe I should have worn a hat to emphasize the movement... :hum:
If you took it in Poway then it's not a surprise about those "mistakes". If I took mine in Escondido I would have gotten a close to perfect score.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:52 pm

[UCI]-Mike wrote: If you took it in Poway then it's not a surprise about those "mistakes". If I took mine in Escondido I would have gotten a close to perfect score.
Did you take it in Poway? I did. And are you saying that they purposely mark people off for mistakes in Poway?
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:55 pm

Wouldn't surpise me...
DMV...the home for distubred, unsociable people. I've had countless bad-run ins with them.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 12, 2003 3:11 pm

MCclarinetdude wrote:
[UCI]-Mike wrote: If you took it in Poway then it's not a surprise about those "mistakes". If I took mine in Escondido I would have gotten a close to perfect score.
Did you take it in Poway? I did. And are you saying that they purposely mark people off for mistakes in Poway?
They're harder in Poway. Everyone recommended somewhere else but Poway is just down the road so I took it there.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:35 pm

Oh, well my driving instructor said that the driving test was easy everywhere, so I just decided to go to Poway.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:01 pm

Ya, I hate those stupid traffic check things. I guess that's why my instructor said to exaggerate all head movements. I thought I did and I was checking, but I still got those wrong. At least I passed the first time though.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:33 pm

I haven't taken my test yet but I will soo, and I really hope I pass. My friends all tell me to go to san clemente, but the closest one to me is laguna so I dunno. I'd hate to go all the way to San Clemente and then fail, you know?

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:41 pm

This didn't happen during a driving test, but during driver's ed on the last day of it, we all had to sing karaoke. I ended up singing Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody", and for singing to a room full of strangers, I can say that I didn't do that bad.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:51 pm

Alright! Maybe you have a career in singing. I wish I knew if I did. Some people I sing okay and other say I sing horrbily.
Imagine turning on your radio and singin gduring a driver's test. What on earth would the administrator do?

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:10 pm

My drivers test should have been a failure, but the lady who did my test said that she was tired, and had not had coffee, and was not in the mood to fail me, so she let me pass. By the way, the reason I should have failed, was because I accidently changed lanes when I was not supposed to. Instead, she merely marked me off for two points, and you know how many I missed the entire test, 2. Those two points. I almost had a perfect...
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:36 pm

i was pretty lucky on the test itself missing only 5
but then again i did drive more than the 50 required hours
however, i could hav gotten my license earlier if they still accepted walkins
my bro took it wit a walkin instead of having an appointment
sure it probli makes it easier to schedule but i think its kinda dumb wen u go at around 730 in the morning wen theres no one there and they still dont let u take ur test
i took my test at the montebello dmv cuz there is usually less ppl there
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004