Schwarzenegger for Governor?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:29 pm

After reading about some of the people who want to give governor a go, I've decided that I've got a pretty good chance at getting it - so maybe I should run! It seems like this is all just turning into a big joke that's only going to put us even more in debt. My mother despises Republicans (which is what I am, btw) and thinks that they only care about the rich.
Come March, it's probably all going to change again right? Why not wait it out?

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:19 pm

Ok, I was off by a few hundred...and I forgot about the deadline. In that case, vote for TM5 in 2006. :wink:
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:56 pm

Do Republicans only care about the rich?? Can someone tell me about the Democratic and Republican parties, please?

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:04 am

Actually, I was just watching "Face the Nation" and they said that only 155 people have applied for governor! :? Man, this number is all over the place!
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:39 am

I really feel bad for the poor elemantary school kids if Arnold is elected. We've all had these assignments where you put your city name, your mayor, your state, your govenor and so on. Gray Davis is easy enough. But Schwarsanagar?? I can't even spell it.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:10 am

lol i dunno mayb they wud use jus first name and last initial
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:30 am

they should just give him a cool nickname. or he should make one himself. so people wont vote for him just because of his hard to spell name. it would be funny if they spell his name wrong all the time in the news if he was elected.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:36 am

hahaha... in the top story today... Arnold Swasenager...schawrtsenager...ummm...
OHS '01 - '05

skankinmello
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by skankinmello » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:10 pm

i'm running for governor....

RHIANA FOR CALIFORNIA

i'll give everyone puppies and lollipops, and money wouldn't matter.
"Water isn't healthy, it doesn't have anything in it."

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:39 pm

I heard today that so far there have been around 96 people who applied to run for governor that have been approved and another 95 that are still under review. This is the first time I've really paid attention to candidates - are there usually this many people going for it, or is this whole thing really turning into a circus?
Haha, Simon said he would be the man with idea's. Everybody has ideas, buddy ... it's what they are and what you do with them that count.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

personally

Post by formermarcher » Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:45 pm

Personally, I wouldn't mind have Arnold (can't spell his last name) as governor. I honestly believe he would do as he says.
That, and he is a huge sucker for education, which is something that this state needs more of.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:36 pm

in the philippines the goverment spends on education the most than anything else. in the US the goverment spends on the military and bombs creating death showers than a whole bunch of other things including education COMBINED. in a way.... a good thing and a bad thing

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:48 pm

Nah, it's just a bad thing.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:00 pm

why spend money on education in the US where the culture praises people who fail classes as being cool and trendy and smart people are geeks nerds outcasts of society.

i think it's dumb how there are soo many canidates. it will split up the votes way too much history repeats it self. yep i actually remember what my history teacher taught us. Pre Civil War election North voted for Lincoln while the south divided up their votes on 2 democrats.

i think arnold might win that he is getting so much publicity. i havent reeally heard anything of other canidates now. i know all of u agree with me who's the first person u think of for running for governor... arnold schwarzenneggar. that will help him win

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 9:32 pm

Yes, but you need to question yourself why that person is a good candidate for governor. Yes, Arnold is a mega-celebrity, but that shouldn't be the reason why people vote for him. You should vote for a candidate because of their views, their ambitions, and their ability to lead the state (at least that's my opinion), and so far, Schwarzenegger has left everyone in a loophole as to where he stands on subjects (abortion, deficits, etc.), and his views, and what he promises to do if elected. I like Arnold, but I just hope that this gubernatorial thing doesn't flop for him like the movie Junior did. Right now, if I were 18, I wouldn't vote for him...I want to be assured that he is the right candidate based on his views and goals, not because he can handle a bazooka pretty darn good.

That's my two cents.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS