Must-See Movie Of The Summer??

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

What is the must-see movie of this summer?

Bad Boys II
10%
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
5%
Finding Nemo
No votes
The Hulk
No votes
Tomb Raider: The Cradle Of Life
No votes
Freddy vs. Jason
10%
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines
5%
S.W.A.T.
5%
Pirates Of The Caribbean
67%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 21

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Must-See Movie Of The Summer??

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:01 pm

Another one of my meaningless but time-consuming polls...which movie do you think is the biggest movie of the summer? This includes movies already out and upcoming movies. Enjoy. :wink:
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:26 am

hmmm none of them really seem to interest me.... i'm waiting for LOTR3 RETURN OF THE KING!!!

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:53 am

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:hmmm none of them really seem to interest me.... i'm waiting for LOTR3 RETURN OF THE KING!!!
Here Here. I myself am a fan of most of these movies, but Pirates I would have to say I like the most. Another thing. It has a great soundtrack. Does anyone else have it?
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:20 pm

A friend burned it for me a week ago. It is a good soundtrack.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:13 pm

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:hmmm none of them really seem to interest me.... i'm waiting for LOTR3 RETURN OF THE KING!!!
Not exactly a summer movie, but very worth waiting for. The only problem is it's probably going to be really long.

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:33 pm

LovableSheep wrote:Not exactly a summer movie, but very worth waiting for. The only problem is it's probably going to be really long.
Long? I thought it was supposed to be the shortest of the three.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:07 pm

Here Here. I myself am a fan of most of these movies, but Pirates I would have to say I like the most. Another thing. It has a great soundtrack. Does anyone else have it?[/quote]

I dowloaded the soundtrack like 2 weeks after the movie came out and it is awesome...
OHS '01 - '05

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:11 pm

Actually...LOTR and Pirates both have really good soundtracks. I wasn't that impressed with the Two Towers soundtrack though, so I hope that #3 will be better.

RotK is going to be an awesome movie, but I really hope that it will be shorter than the first two movies--anymore of these 3 hour movies and I'll need a bladder replacement soon for holding it in for so long. :x
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:00 pm

Matadork05 wrote:
LovableSheep wrote:Not exactly a summer movie, but very worth waiting for. The only problem is it's probably going to be really long.
Long? I thought it was supposed to be the shortest of the three.
I'm just guessing since the Two Towers was long and there's still lots of stuff left in the story they have to tell. If you've heard it's supposed to be the shortest, then you're probably right and pay no attention to me since I have no idea what I'm talking about.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:06 pm

i heard they took alot of parts out that were in the book and i heard some really important ones that i wont say...

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:58 am

I have the FOTR soundtrack, and i love it. I can visualize the entire movie just listening to it.

Ya, I heard that there will be important scenes missing, but apparently the way there did it no one will notice unless they have read the books.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:07 pm

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:i heard they took alot of parts out that were in the book and i heard some really important ones that i wont say...
They did. They also added some parts to it that were not in the book. I know, I have read the books twice. But, I have to say that they do niot take away from it. P.S.- The Two Towers comes out this month, and the special edition comes out next month. Just a note.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:10 pm

Cool, it's about time. I have the first one special edition...I dunno why I need so much of it, but I guess it's still pretty cool since it's a collector's item. I got it for an x-mas gift anyway. Oh well, I'll get the second one special edition too, I liked it better than the first one.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:56 pm

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:Cool, it's about time. I have the first one special edition...I dunno why I need so much of it, but I guess it's still pretty cool since it's a collector's item. I got it for an x-mas gift anyway. Oh well, I'll get the second one special edition too, I liked it better than the first one.
The special edition of the first one is cool, so hopefully the special edition for the second when it comes out will be just as neat.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:11 pm

[quote="LovableSheep"][quote="Matadork05"][quote="LovableSheep"]Not exactly a summer movie, but very worth waiting for. The only problem is it's probably going to be really long.[/quote]

Long? I thought it was supposed to be the shortest of the three.[/quote]

I'm just guessing since the Two Towers was long and there's still lots of stuff left in the story they have to tell. If you've heard it's supposed to be the shortest, then you're probably right and pay no attention to me since I have no idea what I'm talking about.[/quote]

Without giving anything away, it will be the longest. I'm sure of it, because there are so many things that were part of the second book that they did not put in the movie. Plus, they need to actually include the third book. I'm thinking four hours, but thats not right. It will be mega-long though.