Band camp

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Tue Jul 29, 2003 6:06 pm

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:Parent potluck? Interesting...for our parent performance at my school, we do a Spaghetti Dinner. :)
Well, before our "end of band camp" concert, we have a picnic. Hey, as long as it involves food, it's all good!!! :D
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:55 pm

MCclarinetdude wrote:
Hey, as long as it involves food, it's all good!!! :D
MMMM food cant go wrong with that!!

our potluck i think we each bring 1 dish (different sections get assigned different types of food like desert drinks salad i) maybe i'm thinking of the different potluck my band has

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Tue Jul 29, 2003 8:30 pm

We have a picnic at the end that involves lots of food :D We don't perform for the parents though. In fact, last year the boosters performed for us, lol.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:37 pm

what's always fun is a parent drill down where they have to follow the DM commands and through honor go out when u screw up before my band's potluck dinner

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:26 pm

Agreed, food rules. Food and music will definitely draw a crowd. :)
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

skankinmello
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by skankinmello » Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:05 pm

our band has a bbq and we show our parents and whoever else what we learned at band camp.
it's usually pretty fun
and tasty
"Water isn't healthy, it doesn't have anything in it."

Ghost Ship

Post by Ghost Ship » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:46 pm

Our camp is generally wicked good. It lasts about a week up in the santa cruz mnts. Everyone is assigned cabins. The dances are great too, kids dress up according to whatever the show theme generally is, and then we party down. This year it's pirates...YAR!!
yo ho...

DBbaby
New Recruit
New Recruit

oh my gosh!! haha

Post by DBbaby » Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:16 am

dude ur band camp is like the one in American Pie... haha awesome... we would do that but it be pretty daymn hard to fit over 300 ppl into one camp site area haha... whoa thats funny ive never heard actually say that in band camp that there is a dance and all... whoa crazy... good stuff....

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:58 pm

I'm looking forward to band camp...even though it means the end of my summer. Our schedule is here for those interested.

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:08 pm

Yeah, this week is my last week of summer, as far as sitting on my butt at home all day is concerned. So far this week though, I've gotten new glasses, planned for next years DCI Championships, and gotten a job. All I need to do is make a driver's training appointment and I've maxed out my week.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:56 am

I have guard camp next week and band camp for two weeks all the way up until the day before school. That's really what I want to do, go to school dead tired and looking like I just smoked pot. I don't where sunglasses during band camp, so my eyes get sunburned, if that's possible... I think it is because Visene didn't make my eyes be un-red. Anyways, our band camp is going to be 13 days long, 9-5 in the sun with a lunch break at 12-1. I don't like the running block we do. "Run as one, think as one, be one" We have a potluck dinner but it's more like a "hey, kids, bring food and soda.." dinner. Then we go into a green pool and have to be covered up. Girls can't wear bikinis... I think it's funny.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:56 am

Be happy that you folks are going to be at band camp. I start college on the 18th of August... So much for my summer,,, :lol:
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:44 pm

Once again Granada has a new band instructor, so we havnt had our camp yet. But its from the 18-22 from 9-1. The guard has a mini camp on the 13th and 14th, plus our regular camp on the 18-22. 5 of those dates are 4 hour practices, the other 2 are only 3 hours.

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:Parent potluck? Interesting...for our parent performance at my school, we do a Spaghetti Dinner. :)
We have a BBQ on the last night of camp. Band, Drumline, Color Guard and their families. [/b]
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:34 am

ahhhhhhhh... ours starts today...at 10:00...noooo. but we all have to register first...muakin our just longer then needs to be already... :(
OHS '01 - '05

Mr Pageantry
Veteran
Veteran

Aloha Madera.....

Post by Mr Pageantry » Mon Aug 11, 2003 10:25 am

Practice Hard.... and listen to Dan Talbert... We know you're coming our way in Hawai'i This year.... We want a strong... talented madera to visit Paradise....

Harvey@worldofpageantry.com