Back home blues........

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Back home blues........

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:22 am

Ugh I'm back home forever till school starts again. I took summer school up at UC Irvine for first session and at least I could chill with my friends. Now I've moved back home and I'll be here for two months straight at home. My hometown of San Diego just doesn't have anything interesting for me to do anymore. Plus I've come back home after a dinner where my ex gave me the "I love being friends!" line and one of my Disneyland dates gave the "I'm still recovering from my last bad relationship".

But I did hang out with my cousins recently and hopefully I'll have more opportunities to leave the house.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:01 am

Yeah, there's not as much stuff to do in San Diego as there is in the L.A. area. Well, I've been stuck in San Diego the whole summer, and I don't think I'll be going anywhere. I'll just have to chill out here and wait for band camp to begin.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:36 pm

euphman wrote:
"I love being friends!" line and one of my Disneyland dates gave the "I'm still recovering from my last bad relationship".
Bah Humbug :evil:
I'm sorry, I know that always sucks. :(

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:22 pm

San Diego is like living in Six Flags compared to RSM. My friends all live far away except for like one or two who's parents don't let them stay out past dark. I've pretty much stayed inside my house all summer, but I'm glad there's a dance club in the next city. And having somebody say "We're just friends" sucks. I get it alot. Not too fun. :?
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:17 pm

flagchild06 wrote:San Diego is like living in Six Flags compared to RSM.
I know how that feels, I live in a little "town" called foothill ranch and the biggest thing here is the movie theater where all the jr. high kids hang out. Yeah it was cool in jr. high but still. We're not even a town really anymore, Lake forest owns us. Luckily I haven't been home much this summer, but I know how it feels to be stuck there for long periods of time with nothing to do.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:05 pm

Tonight on Fox was the premiere of The OC. Of course they just showed the glitzy rich Newport area instead of the majority of Orange County. But after watching it I was like damn I miss Irvine right now.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:08 pm

I made a brief visit in Newport this weekend with a friend...I know what you mean by glitzy, hehe.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:55 pm

Well I'm back home...from Australia! Now I have 5 days until band camp and then school, meaning my summer is pretty much over. But the trip was really fun even and I enjoyed it even if it did take up time. (By the way, mods, please excuse my large amount of posts at the same time, as I'm getting caught up on all the threads I missed.)

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:00 am

welcome back westlake from australia!

man i miss foothill i used to live there. i got to be one of the first people to watch in the movie theater when it was opened really late at night. irvine center thingy is also cool place. in westlake not much to do here but go see movies but the area to hang isnt as fun as over there.

NavyHubby01
New Recruit
New Recruit
Location: Now stuck in the middle of CA! In Lemoore of all places!

Post by NavyHubby01 » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:50 am

Try moving from the IE, AKA the 909; to the sticks of Eastern North Carolina! Talk about culture shock! Everthing southern! Y'all! Going from something to do everyday to trying to find something to do! Jacksonville NC just got its first stadium seating movie theater, with DTS to boot! Heck, we had that stuff more than 4 years ago in the 909! Ontario Mills has the Edwards and the AMC. I get home sick watching anything to do with Southern Cal! Being a Navy spouse, I go where ever the Navy sends my wife. There is one good thing about living on the east coast, the Eastern Classic in PA! I got to see all the corps a week before finals! Where most of "y'all" only saw them in the beginning of the season. LOL!
Thanks for letting me vent, Everett
87-91 Pomona HS Marching Band (Pomona, Ca.)
92 Sound Machine (Street Only)
93 & 94 RCC Marching Tigers
95-97 Etiwanda HS Visual Tech
99-02 Ayala HS Visual Tech
2010- Freelancers Mini Corps
Go Navy!!!