2006-2007 Drum Majors

A place for student leaders, drum majors, section leaders, student council members, etc.

Moderators: dmcoach, nopsbs

The Aceman
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by The Aceman » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:17 pm

AHS DM wrote::D Hi All,

I'm Danielle. This will be my 2nd year as DM for Atwater High School Band. I'm looking forward to a fun season.
Welcome to the Forums Danielle.
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

SemperFidelis

Post by SemperFidelis » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:23 pm

Nick DeBenedetto, field and parade drum major for El Capitan High School nice to meet you all.

audrizzle13
Veteran
Veteran

Post by audrizzle13 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:25 pm

ZeNaKu wrote:Haha, well, technically, I was a drum major... but that was a long, long time ago... well not too long ago, I was the drum major of Vallejo High School back in 2004-2005. Oh well, let's step away from the past, shall we?

Oh, yeah, by the way, I'm Erik, I'm no longer in band, obviously, but you'll see me with the guard! ^__^
ERIK!!! AKA the DM to beat that school year. How have you been?

Im not a DM, nor was I ever, but I was colorguard captain from 2003-2005... does that count any? Meh... didnt think so.

Sorry ZJH Im :ot: please forgive me.
myspace.com/audreypuff
Nurses do it painless.
Nurses do it with TLC.
Nurses do it with care.
Nurses do it with intensive care.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:13 pm

Haha, no apology needed. Just don't get out of hand with it. :D
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

Blindman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blindman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:39 am

Hahaha, I wasn't necessarily the drum major to beat, but it was fun competing in those years. I mean, there was drum majors like Maureen Britton from Vallejo, Jason Wiese from Fairfield, Stacy Rummel from Fairfield, the Peria Brothers from Benicia... I could name a whole lot that were amazing drum majors that came before me. Well, not necessarily Stacy because she was the drum major for Fairfield 2004-2005, but you know what I mean!

Hey how's it going? Haven't heard from you in a while Audrey... What's going on with your life?

Forgive me as well, I'm going a bit off topic now!

Hollisterprep98
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Hollisterprep98 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:00 pm

I'm Jesse Layfield the Assistant Drum Major to Marissa at Clovis West High School. We only do field shows and community parades. We don't do competitive parades at all. Unfortunately we also don't have a caption for drum major in the WBA circuit we compete in for field shows. Nonetheless being drum major is still awesome. and it was posted a while ago but i believe the metronome is your best friend and worst enemy. and we tend to tear a lot during the beginning of the season because our drumline is like a perfect metronome. i know what you're thinking "drumlines never have PERFECT tempo." and i agree but ours is pretty close so everyone follows them. but when their adrenaline starts pumping the consitency of tempo dies. but we somehow manage. we are told to follow the drumline religiously though. Anybody else have to follow the drum line as if they're the tempo setters not the drum major?
::Clovis West::
2005-Çanakkale-Xylophone
2006-Classical Redirection-Xylophone
2006-Aquila-Assistant Drum Major

kral(smdm)
New Recruit
New Recruit

Drum lines and drum majors

Post by kral(smdm) » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:37 pm

oh ya, if theres anything that will keep a band from falling apart, its sticking with the center snares feet. but in some(if not all cases) youll have to push or drag a little bit in order to keep the ensamble sound together. however, in the end you are the tempo and if you tear from the drumline, the ensamble will follow suite and then say good bye to a good amount of points

the_scot
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by the_scot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:59 am

I'm Trenton McGregor, 2 year Assistant Drum Major for Granite Bay HS. Janeen Chang has been the head DM for the past 2 years.

How is everybody?

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:31 am

the_scot wrote:I'm Trenton McGregor, 2 year Assistant Drum Major for Granite Bay HS. Janeen Chang has been the head DM for the past 2 years.

How is everybody?
Hey, I kinda met you yesterday! I'm the guy in the bearskin, haha.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

the_scot
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by the_scot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:24 pm

The bearskin? What school are you?

I'm sorry, I don't remember... :sorry:

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:12 pm

Franklin, man. Remember? It was like when everyone was still getting food, and I was talking with Janeen. I was in full uniform, with the bearskin hat on!

the_scot
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by the_scot » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:52 pm

ah that's right. I remember now. I love those hats.

So you do mace, right?

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:19 am

Hi, Im the DM for Los Alamitos (2A)

my asst. DM is Lauren Brady
-Evan Lee '06-'07 Drum Major Los Alamitos

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by ZJH » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:20 pm

Hey Evan. Welcome to the forums, and I hope you've had a great season so far.

EvanLee

Post by EvanLee » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:20 am

Thank you very much =D

Im glad that i've finally taken the time to create an account on world of pageantry (even though i've already messed up). I wish only the best for all the other bands out there and may the best band win!
-Evan Lee '06-'07 Drum Major Los Alamitos