last night scores in DCI

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

mrankimonki
New Recruit
New Recruit

last night scores in DCI

Post by mrankimonki » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:51 pm

Blue Devils and Cavies finally went head to head and Cavies inched ahead by .3. This years final is going to be GREAT!!! 2 weeks away and we have neck to neck ties... ALSO... PHANTOM 88.50... just 1.15 behind BD... and they are accelerating VERY VERY fast. At one time they were way behind the cadets and now they are almost 2 points ahead. I have a feeling they might be able to catch up and have a shot (MAY BE MAY BE MAY BE - I HOPE SO). It depends on their marching and how clean they can get:D. And if Cadets pull their socks up more too then you have a 4 way thing going and finals week will be a PLEASURE (more pleasurable than last year where we knew the winner) to watch:D

my two cents.

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: last night scores in DCI

Post by Tyler » Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:18 pm

mrankimonki wrote:Blue Devils and Cavies finally went head to head and Cavies inched ahead by .3. This years final is going to be GREAT!!! 2 weeks away and we have neck to neck ties... ALSO... PHANTOM 88.50... just 1.15 behind BD... and they are accelerating VERY VERY fast. At one time they were way behind the cadets and now they are almost 2 points ahead. I have a feeling they might be able to catch up and have a shot (MAY BE MAY BE MAY BE - I HOPE SO). It depends on their marching and how clean they can get:D. And if Cadets pull their socks up more too then you have a 4 way thing going and finals week will be a PLEASURE (more pleasurable than last year where we knew the winner) to watch:D
thats what im saying :D great year for drum corps. i think its really going to be bd and cavaliers for 1st. anyone think there will be a dreaded tie this year? i think there is a good chance of that being possible but it doesnt matter to me because i dont really care who gets first. i know i love bd, phantom, and cadets' show this year and thats pretty much all the matters to me 8-)

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:31 pm

That's exactly what I said!

Yeah, I anticipate a tie too, but who knows? Ties are pretty ridiculous, even if you like both corps. I hope either BD or Phantom wins still though, although I haven't seen the Cavaliers' show.

I just hope that there won't be a 3-WAY tie...impossible.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:42 pm

There's no more ties in 1st place. They made a rule that calculates who's in 1st place by comparing a different individual caption score. I forgot which one but I'm leaning towards the music category.

I remember at a tournament (yeah I know it's band but it's an example) we tied with someone for sweeps but the tie went to the one with the highest music score.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:23 pm

I'm REALLY excited for champs...I can't wait to see how it progresses over the next two weeks. Lol, I'll be in the cruise internet cafe checking scores regularly (sp?)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:39 am

euphman wrote:I say 1993 all over again scorewise
now that would be interesting :idea: must have been hard to be a judge in '93. i loved the cadets, blue devils, phatom regiment, and star of indiana that year. and i have not even seen the rest of the corps' shows that year. '93 was just a really great year and one of my favorite years of drum corps :bow:

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:43 pm

Tyler wrote:
euphman wrote:I say 1993 all over again scorewise
now that would be interesting :idea: must have been hard to be a judge in '93. i loved the cadets, blue devils, phatom regiment, and star of indiana that year. and i have not even seen the rest of the corps' shows that year. '93 was just a really great year and one of my favorite years of drum corps :bow:
1993 was one of the best years ever. The Cavaliers, Scouts, Vanguard, Blue Knights, Crossmen, Colts and Velvet Knights all had great shows, too.