Hi I'm Mike...and I'm a Disneylandaholic.

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:19 pm

..they were kind of dirty.. I enjoyed it too though..

that's cool that a lead trumpet was teaching your school, it is always more fun when you know people performing.

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:32 pm

Definitely, but he's gone now, he left about the time Blast! closed up shop at CA Adventure. As far as I know, he still instructs at a new school back east called Brentwood HS, which from what I understand will be going to the Fiesta Bowl this year. I hope that whatever he has contributed has gotten that school to where it is and where it will be. :)
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:34 pm

I loved performing on Main Street, but the only thing was the wonderfull people who would run out into the middle of the street cause they want a picture of the guard.....my worst fear is to hit a little kid!!!!
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:24 am

I would feel really really bad if I hit a kid, though I don't think that there's a very good chance that my baritone will travel that far and hit a kid. hmmm... California Adventure's cool. I HATE soaring over california. I'm scared to death of that ride. Too freaky. The big mural thing by the Hyperion Theatre is really cool. We took a picture by it with the camera below the top of it so it looks like an actual street. We had to hurry up though because we were behind that little rope thing. But it was fun. Did anyone see the Aladdin show this year?? It was actually pretty good.
OHS '01 - '05

mytree003
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mytree003 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:08 am

I got to see the Aladdin show. It wasn't as good as Blast! but it was good. I liked all of the different colors and decorations. All that sparkly stuff I guess.(It must be because I'm female. :) )Does anyone know if Jasmine is really Asian or not and if the performers are lip synching?
"I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:14 am

While our band was waiting to get inside the theater to see blast a few summers ago, my friend was standing right next to the rope in front of the mural, and started complaining cause they wouldnt let her go see what was down the street...... :roll:
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:51 am

The Aladdin show was pretty good. I thought the guy who did Aladdin (the one on-stage, not on the carpet) looked a lot like Rob Schneider from SNL.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:28 pm

Matadork05 wrote:While our band was waiting to get inside the theater to see blast a few summers ago, my friend was standing right next to the rope in front of the mural, and started complaining cause they wouldnt let her go see what was down the street...... :roll:
Securities tough there, prevents you from having fun. Yeah, I went to the showing up Aladdin in January. Dude! The guy on stage and the guy on the carpet are different??!!?? Did not know that. Sorry, I'm just a little slow. No but, I do agree that Blast! was better. I hope they come back soon cuz I wanna see them again.
OHS '01 - '05

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:36 pm

I love Disneyland...I hope I get to perform their one day. It would be cool to get passes and go all the time. Lol too bad I live like 7 hours away.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:56 am

I just got back from Disneyland and California Adventure! It was great...lol I was invited an hour before I had to be ready to leave. It was very last minute. I hadn't been to California Adventure yet and I really liked it..but Disneyland was fun as well. Overall Disneyland was better cuz its classic..but once California Adventure gets bigger and expands I think it will become as good as Disneyland.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Aug 01, 2003 1:28 am

Cole167888 wrote:I just got back from Disneyland and California Adventure! It was great...lol I was invited an hour before I had to be ready to leave. It was very last minute. I hadn't been to California Adventure yet and I really liked it..but Disneyland was fun as well. Overall Disneyland was better cuz its classic..but once California Adventure gets bigger and expands I think it will become as good as Disneyland.
I was there tonight. I'm going again tomorrow night.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike