Movie Critics

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Movie Critics

Post by Lizzy05 » Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:10 pm

Okay, this is a forum for movies that just came out that people wanna talk about instead of getting off topic inother forums.

For example- Pirates of the Caribbean, of which I thought was a really really really really good movie, though some beg to differ, but it was just as good, if not better, than I thought it was gonna be.
OHS '01 - '05

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:45 pm

i liked pirates it was alot better than i thought it would be it was a really good movie and i would reccomend it besides if u dont like the plot there are some nice looking characters :roll: :wink:

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:46 pm

i liked pirates it was alot better than i thought it would be it was a really good movie and i would reccomend it besides if u dont like the plot there are some nice looking characters :roll: :wink:

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:46 pm

opps
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:15 am

that was a really good movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! orlando bloom was hot and even though jhonny depp was supposed to be gross looking he was still hot as a pirate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :mrgreen:
Nothing is impossible with God!

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:28 pm

I'm gonna go see Finding Nemo, the Italian Job and Bruce Almighty tomorrow. The advantages of living on a marine corps base is that they're free, so I'm seeing all three...
OHS '01 - '05

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:28 pm

O'sideband_lizzy wrote:The advantages of living on a marine corps base is that they're free, so I'm seeing all three...
That's cool you can see them for free.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:04 pm

yeah, they just opened up the ticket booth, for who knows what reason. Usually me and mr friends go there to see them, but if we really really really want to see them (ex: Pirates of the Caribbean) then we go to the regal and pay. On base they take like a month after opening day, so if you can wait then it's worth it.
OHS '01 - '05

Vaddpopxsquirrel
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vaddpopxsquirrel » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:08 am

anyone seen 28 days Later???? freaky stuff

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:21 am

No haven't seen it, don't want to either... looks kinda stupid...
OHS '01 - '05

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:53 pm

I loved Pirates of the caribbean! I'm not a huge fan of orlando bloom but johnny depp was good looking :shock: I thought the plot was good too. Anyone seen the italian job? That was another really good one.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:54 pm

okay... had a slight change of plans and only saw The Italian Job and Bruce Almighty, but it's all good. If you wanna see a really good action movie without the whole lovey dovey stuff, you know, the stuff that sometimes ruins the plot... well in that case, I demand you to go and see the Italian Job. It was the best movie I've seen all summer (adult movie wise). From beginning to end, there was non-stop action and was just great. I'm probably gonna go see it again tomorrow because it WAS SO GOOD!!!!!

Bruce Almighty is a funny movie. Sure I can say that I expected more, but it was still funny. If you're in the mood for a laugh or just for a good time, go see Bruce Almighty (and Pirates of the Caribbean). Oh, yes, and my advice to all. Go to the bathroom BEFORE you watch the movie. The scenes that make you laugh hystarically last for some time, making your "situation" worse and making you need to go even more than you thought.

So in all, The Italian Job gets 5 stars, and Bruce Almighty...hmm... I'll give it 3 3/4 stars...
OHS '01 - '05

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:15 pm

Anyone see LXG? Alan Moore's the shiznit, but I hear the movie falls short of his books. I think I might go watch it anyway, I feel bad that they aren't doing so well..

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:38 pm

I enjoyed watching Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. It definitely was not like the first two movies, but it was still pretty cool, nonetheless. It featured a lot more comedy than the first two had, plus an intense chase scene in the first half of the movie involving a construction crane. This movie, I thought, also wasn't the bloodiest movie in the world. It had some moments, but compared to the first two movies, the violence involved less human casualties. I like that, because most of the time I'm not in the mood to watch someone get blown away with a shotgun, unless you're really into that sort of thing. Overall though, great film, and I wouldn't mind watching a 4th one. :wink:
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:19 am

I saw Charlies Angels: Full Throttle last night. Not the best movie, but not the worst. It was defintley better than I thought it was gonna be though. It's got some very cool fight scenes, the slow motion got went a tad over to the annoying side. But a way to describe it would be a chick flick where the chicks kick $%&. Basically it. I give it 3 stars.
OHS '01 - '05