Who's the Best Drumline in California

Discuss hot topics about the world of marching percussion

Moderators: Gallagher, geefunk1026

Who is the best drumline in ALL of California?

1. Logan
7%
2. Clovis West
13%
3. Mission Viejo
34%
4. Ayala
35%
5. Upland
2%
6. Thousand Oaks
4%
7. San Marcos
4%
8. Beyer
1%

Total votes: 108

Lariette
New Recruit
New Recruit

best drum line

Post by Lariette » Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:18 am

okay, for best drumline i pick OHS...and no it isn't because i am from OHS it's because not only did they win championships by a whole heck of a lot, they also got high tenors...BUT that's not the only reason...they worked they're butts off...at the beginning of the year one of our tenors (we have 2) sucked! i mean he was horrible...and at the end they got high tenors...they had a great season, great instructors and they were totally AWESOME! they ROCK! so, my vote is for OHS, none of the lines listed above...SORRY!

cutenerd17
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: best drum line

Post by cutenerd17 » Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:44 pm

Jesika_from_ohs wrote:okay, for best drumline i pick OHS...and no it isn't because i am from OHS it's because not only did they win championships by a whole heck of a lot, they also got high tenors...
Now, I don't want to be negative or anything, but have you asked your drumline instructor who he thinks the best drum line in Cali is? Luke's a good instructor, your line's good, and you did kick our butts (I'm from Charter Oak :) ) but you have to realize that O'side placed first in the scholastic division of ADLA. Y'all have a lot of improving to do until you become the best in California.

hhs1
New Recruit
New Recruit

chill out ?????

Post by hhs1 » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:10 pm

we have competed agaist you. we did not see you at wgi=? no one is talking about you. and we dont want to act like the rest of the kids right . you have been very inconsistant in having good lines throught the years we on the other hand have had sucess the last 6 years. are we in lower div by choice no we wre going to go to world but one out of the 3 judjes voted against it so there we were i appologize for any bad blood. but put an end to it already. i dont want any more negative comments till we are on the same div if you can retain the great players you now have i will . or do i have to wait 3 years good luck see you next year great show your kids should be proud.

hhs caption head 10secondpony :twisted:

beach perc.

Its About Time

Post by beach perc. » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:35 pm

DOWNEY HIGH SCHOOL PERCUSSION 2003/2004
COMING SOON!PLEASE WATCH CAREFULLY

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Re: Answering the Question....

Post by Tyler » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:30 am

Shota Hanai wrote:When it comes to high school - I still claim RUBIDOUX as the best line in SoCal and AllCal. I would consider the rest listed above as runner-ups.
i dont think so. if they are the best in so cal and all of cal, how do you justify that when they barely compete with all of so cal and cal. whats the furthest they've gone at being one the best, adla championships?! :? adla really isnt much of an accomplishment. maybe they should branch out to a scpa championships or a wgi regional or championships, but then you may be discouraged by the results

sh0rty41

Post by sh0rty41 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:24 pm

I think thats pretty dumb that u say that Rubidoux isnt the best just because u say rubidoux hasn't done like scpa and wgi.. well Rubidoux has done scpa before and rubidoux did do wgi regionals this past year.. And they did pretty good too... well watch out cuz rubidoux is gonna be awesome this year and rubidoux will be at WGI reginals and championships too. And winning ADLA championships 4 years in a row is a pretty good accomplishment too.

Tyler
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tyler » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:39 pm

sh0rty41 wrote:I think thats pretty dumb that u say that Rubidoux isnt the best just because u say rubidoux hasn't done like scpa and wgi.. well Rubidoux has done scpa before and wgi regionals.. And they did pretty good too... well watch out cuz rubidoux is gonna be awesome this year and rubidoux will be at WGI championships too. And winning ADLA championships 4 years in a row is a pretty good accomplishment too.
no not really. you missed my point. i think its dumb to give claim that they are the best in the state when they dont even compete with lines from all over the state every year. adla championships for 4 years? ok. but you probably wouldn't have that claim in another circuit. and everyone is going to be at wgi championships this year, since its more local than normal to us. we'll see how you guys match up in a real competition

B2Jesse06

Post by B2Jesse06 » Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:10 pm

As a student from Rubidoux, I would not say that we are the best line in Cali, although we may be one of the like top 10 if not top 15. This past year was the youngest line that we've ever had.. I mean... our whole bassline was freshmen. :D But yet with all of the long hours we put in, we got through it. And with 4 ADLA Champioships under our belts, i think its an awesome accomplishment, but we still have alot to learn. We have done SCPA in the past.. but i duno wut happened. And we did WGI this past year and didnt do too bad. But this year we are going to WGI finals in San Diego, and we couldnt be more excited. So be on the lookout for us :)

Oh yeah... and Al Peralta.. if you read this.. I miss you, dude. Come back!!
Jessica - Rubidoux HS
Bass2 2002-2003
Bass2 2003-2004

dlfan

Post by dlfan » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:50 am

Rich people???? why are the wgi peeps rich? I went to Champs and(no offense Ayala, I loved your show) But Ayala's Backdrops looked COMPLETEY handmade, Kinda Ghetto---LOL J\K. I asked someone who was near their stuff later and he said that a parent had made them for them. So yeah ok well thanks for letting me put my 2 cents...

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:48 pm

Oh yeah... and Al Peralta.. if you read this.. I miss you, dude. Come back!!
Sorrie dude Al's teaching at our skool now. Its time for us to move up now lol.
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

B2Jesse06

Post by B2Jesse06 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:58 am

you guyz are lucky.. you have no idea. especially if you have him as a bass tech. he'll get inside ur head. hes awesome. but o well for us... we'll get him to come around 2nd semester a little. PEACE
Jessica - Rubidoux HS
Bass2 2002-2003
Bass2 2003-2004

Bassline4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bassline4life » Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:36 pm

Well everyone this year as you can see is gong to be a great year for the percussion section in so cal. Rubidoux is a very hard working group and they have come a far way since i have seen them, they have out played many groups and have out marched many groups and have out worked many groups but on the other hand no one has said anything about RB Mt. Carmell and Etiwanda or Chino......theses groups are also on the top of the list. A lot of you just talk about schools that are so great they are not even in SCSBOA, have them come to that style of judging and lets see how the stand. The only school I have ever played aginst was upland and the beat us twice, they are a verygood drumline. I have see Yala indoor and they are a verey nice drumline and pit ( love the guy on bass 5 WOW ) and you are forgeting also Arcadia there pit omg they are one of the best pit these guys practice so much it is un heard of.......When all of u comet about other groups and put your group in such a high rank you better back it up....when ever i hear Rubidoux talking aoub them selfs and saying how good they are I know they can back it up so when you talk aobut your group this year make sure u back up what ever u say cus i know that there is only about 3 percussion sections this year that is going to be the best and im going to lable them know ready....... Chino Etiwanda and RB ( in no order) these three are gonig to be the top three so u watch and Rubidoux is also up there ok so u watch out this year these are they gropus that are going to take everything ...............

loserface
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by loserface » Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:32 pm

::coughcough:: loara...
garden grove hs graduate.

first came orchestra.
then jazz band.
oh, what the hey. i'm sure i can handle band and drumline, too!

strings and percussion make life great.

mista nowak's best friend forever.

1-2-3, you know!

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:26 pm

If they are so rich to be doing WGI then why did they have to have parents make there backdrops. Having parents and students make the backdrops saves the group money cause not all the groups have alot money so by making them themselves they save money on paying someone to make them for them. And also they painted there floor and made all those flaps for there floor so thats another way of saving money. So don't be thinking all the people in WGI are rich its just they know how to conserve there money.

MOOOO

Post by MOOOO » Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:11 pm

All these polls make me laugh because no matter how many schools the person puts on someone will complain because thier school isnt on the list.