Cole167888 asked and I thread-ed

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Cole167888 asked and I thread-ed

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:23 am

Okay so in my topic about who was normal to date, Cole167888 started asking about bad or good experiences with band/guard relationships. So I started a thread for him. And now I'll answer his question:

I'm in guard and I've had two band relationships, since I'm going to be a sophomore these were my first experience. My first relationship, was a real failure. We didn't know eachother and he barely talked to me. So we broke up and he dated another guard girl and now we're just friends. The second one:
He was a sophomore and after we started going out I found out he had dated 2 people on the guard, 3 if you count being 8 years old :wink: . He had also said that he wasn't going to date anybody else on guard unless it was a hot freshman. I have no self esteem so I just assumed he lost that old rule :oops: . We dated for 6 months and it was an up and down kind of relationship. We broke up 3 times and got back together twice. Some days we were really really cute and couple-y and well, still wanted eachother, and other days we were flirting with our friends. So when he broke up with me the first time, I was really torn up about it and even cried. First time ever over a guy. My friend flagratgirl got us back together and I really wanted it to work. So I let myself actually love him because I never loved a guy before. Then on our 6 month he gave me a note right as school ended. So I went home and completely forgot about the note until like 6. I read it and just felt numb. It was kind of bad to be dumped on your anniversary in a note. He was a little bitter after that and it made me feel really sad and hurt, and then he asked out one of his guard ex's. Whose body is like an hourglass. Just a tiny slap in the face since I had always said that he liked her, while we were dating. His response was always "I'll never go out with her again, trust me." It was a good and bad relationship. We're friends now, so that's the good thing, right?

So Cole, here's your thread. Have fun.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:01 am

The guard girls at my school were really stuck up in my opinion. You had to be asthetically pleasing to them in order to get close. I don't think much of the guard girls from my time except for a few that were above the cesspool.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:42 am

Band girls rock. I've gone with three of them. :D

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:31 am

most band girls act real except those who hang out w/ guard well, at least at my school.i do have friends in guard but, it bugs me when they try to act better than everyone else cause they aren't. :x
Nothing is impossible with God!

Vaddpopxsquirrel
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Vaddpopxsquirrel » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:35 pm

Hm...at the end of sophomore year, i dated a sousaphone guy. didn't last too long, we were too good of friends, kinda awkward. And now im dating the drum major =) its hard tho cuz we're both in such big leadership positions that we arent really allowed to act like a couple or anything when its band time..which is all the time.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:50 pm

I dated the drum major before, but, we sorta broke up the last day of band camp... but it's all good. I didn't get any special privledges or anything, but I did get a chance to have my shoes spray painted green!!sorry... after that I went out with a guy in my section and it lasted about a month or two. We stopped talking after that. Everyone thinks I hate him, but in all reality I think he's a real down to right guy, but no one believes me, so. As for guard, I can't say much about the guard cuz there all cool, a little sissy... but if you bother them, they'll bother you, and if you don't bother them, they still find a way to piss you off. But guys, if you like 'em, nothing should stop ya.
OHS '01 - '05

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:40 pm

not all guard girls are snobby, some are really cool, unless they hang out with the snobby ones.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:57 pm

I've dated two band guys. The first one was a sax, that was a disaster. Him and I are so much alike that it just didn't work. Then I went out with my friend in pit, and that was an awesome relationship. It was like we were made for eachother. Now we're just really good friends, and unfortunately he's moving. But it just goes to show you, some band/guard relationships work, and some don't, it really depends on the people and their personalities. Also flagchild, who was the first one? :flush:

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:38 am

well, with me, nothing yet but,i have my eye on a few !!!!! 8-)

bandgeek&colorguardfreak
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by bandgeek&colorguardfreak » Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:08 pm

Well I might as well spill while I'm here. Being in guard for a year I have to say we're not all stuck up. (Ahem) Anyway, I went out with a Bari Sax player for a year and a few months, it was totally fine until a few months before we broke up. Since I'm not the only one here from WHS, I can't give details about what happened. All I can say is it didn't end too well and we can barely seem to tolerate each other. As much as I love the guys in band, I have to say it's easier to keep relationships outside of band. But, what am I saying, I seem to be one of those do as I say not as I do characters. Besides that though, band and guard seem to blend quite a bit as far as relationships go.
I lost my sodeeeeeee waterrrr........