Summer Session

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Summer Session

Post by SoCalSpinN » Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:53 am

ACK!!! Where did my summer go? Summer sessions at Mesa starts in... about two hours. wack man, real wack.
Acronymphos love to have S.E.X.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:03 pm

Yeah summer school sucks. I'm spending half my summer back at UC Irvine but the other half will be on a family vacation to europe.

I'm taking math cuz my major needs roughly 10 classes of math.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:11 pm

I'm taking HEALTH for summer school! It's the most boring class ever!!!!!! Sucks that it's required to graduate because it's the easiest class there ever is, was, and will be.

..No, I didn't fail it. I just never got the chance to take it this past year, so I'm taking it now so I don't have to deal w/it later.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:07 pm

Man, I had to register again becuz I got deleted. Anyways...
SUMMER SCHOOL SUCKS!!! I'm taking American Lit. It's so BORING! However, the class is easy, so it's cool. The workload isn't bad either, so at least I'm accomplishing something during the summer. I was wondering, do most people in band have to take summer school in order to fit it into their schedule?
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:26 pm

MCclarinetdude wrote:Man, I had to register again becuz I got deleted. Anyways...
SUMMER SCHOOL SUCKS!!! I'm taking American Lit. It's so BORING! However, the class is easy, so it's cool. The workload isn't bad either, so at least I'm accomplishing something during the summer. I was wondering, do most people in band have to take summer school in order to fit it into their schedule?
I had to when I went to RB. I had to clear out one semester's worth just to fit Spanish in.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:03 pm

I did summer school last year, and it does sort of suck to get up during the summer and sit in a really boring class. But for me it was worth it because I had an extra period where I could do nothing. I'd do it again this year so I don't have to have an eight period day, but I'm going on our band Australia trip.

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:26 pm

Our summer rehearals start today, which also adds on to about 20 of our bands summer school schedules...which also sux... There's no time to do anything anymore
OHS '01 - '05

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:54 am

Ive been in Europe for 3 weeks on a cruise. So far ive been to England, France, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland and Swedan.

Im definitly out of the loop on when summer rehearsals are, althought im not sure ANYONE knows right now. We have a new band director this year, again, and nobody seems to know who it is yet. We have a new color guard instructor this year too, our graduated flag captain.
Last edited by Matadork05 on Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:40 pm

Ya, I leave for a cruise on the 21st of July, then come back and have 1 week, then band camp...then I'm working at Summer Seafari Camp for a week and then school starts 2 weeks after that...it seems so much shorter now...how depressing
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

mytree003
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by mytree003 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:53 am

Speaking of summer school...I'm in it RIGHT NOW! :x Fortuantely, it's just computers so I get to go onine quite often, but on the other hand I'm not a computer person. It's a drag to sit there and not know what to do for several hours on the interenet. If only I can get AIM to work on this computer....Feel free to bombard me with emails, PLEASE! I'm begging you. :crying:
"I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:11 am

chemistry and physics @ ucsd

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:23 am

i'm taking p.e. 9a so i won't ever have to take it again except marching band cause it counts for p.e. credit ,and i'm taking contemp. living and it is so boring ! all you do is vocab and answer questions out of a book.as far as band camp goes freshman camp starts on august 11th and i have to go even though i'm now a vet! i just switched from sax to baritone so i need to learn some stuff. :? :mrgreen:
Nothing is impossible with God!