Manly men knowledge...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Manly men knowledge...

Post by flagchild06 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:26 pm

Okay so this is really dumb and I don't know if anyone will even bother to look at it but.. here goes.

You know how some toilets you have to hold down the lever to flush it and some you just push it down once? Well, mine used to be the push once and now it's the hold down, I don't like to stand in the bathroom for an extra minute. Do any of you boys know how to toolify fix it? I would ask my dad but my parents are divorced and he's stupid anyways and my brother... he tried to screw a nail into the electrical socket and he's 13, okay?
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:11 pm

You are lazy Nessa. I imagine the best place to go is a plumber, they're the types who usually know about toilets.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:06 pm

u know how expensive plumbers are!! why dont u just open the lid up and look at the tank gizmos stuff my toilet would have a problem when u press the lever too hard the sring attached to it that pulls the stoper to let the water out comes off and i cant flush anymore. so go look at it it's not too complicated

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Manly men knowledge...

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:30 am

flagchild06 wrote:You know how some toilets you have to hold down the lever to flush it and some you just push it down once? Well, mine used to be the push once and now it's the hold down, I don't like to stand in the bathroom for an extra minute. Do any of you boys know how to toolify fix it?
Take the top off the tank and look inside at the handle lever. There is a chain that goes from the end of the lever down to a rubber flapper that covers the drain at the bottom of the tank. Sometime when they get older the flappers get waterlogged and won't "float" long enough to let all the water out when it is pulled up by the chain. Sometimes adjusting the length of the chain will help. Try unhooking it from the handle and shorten it a little and see if that helps. Otherwise it means that it is time to go down to the home center and buy a new flapper. They don't cost very much and the instruction that come with them are usually very good. So maybe you could change it yourself. Almost no tools are required, maybe a screwdriver or plyers. Good luck!
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Thanks

Post by flagchild06 » Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:58 pm

Hey! Band master and snipey boy were helpful! I fixeded it. I feel all manly and independent. :D I feel that way whenever I put up stuff or something like that. ;-)
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:43 pm

Like your ikea bed? See I cant do stuff like that, i just make someone else do it. i huess i'm lazy too.