maybe it wasnt that funny
oh well
Alex

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:32 pm

Who's SVC? The Silicon Valley Corps?
You've got it all wrong Phantom Phan. It stands for Silicon Valley CADETS!!! Yeah and they definitely have a chance.
ROFLMAO!! Frickin' hilarious! :lol: :flush:
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

someguywhodoesthings
Rookie
Rookie

Post by someguywhodoesthings » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:05 am

Ok
New Predictions after seeing the camp footage

1. Vanguard
2. BD
3. Cadets
4. Cavies
5. Phantom
6. Scouts

DEAD LAST......Pacific Crest......only because they have no idea what Division I holds in store for them

MalletMusic
Rookie
Rookie

way to look like a jerk...

Post by MalletMusic » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:27 pm

DEAD LAST......Pacific Crest......only because they have no idea what Division I holds in store for them
That's real nice buddy. Have you even seen Pacific Crest? Obviously you haven't because anyone who has knows they are going to be a force to reckon with come finals.

I'm not really critisizing your prediction, because its just a prediction... just the way it was worded was a little harsh.

Indiana
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Indiana » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:37 am

SCTOOBA wrote:Ok
New Predictions after seeing the camp footage

1. Vanguard
2. BD
3. Cadets
4. Cavies
5. Phantom
6. Scouts

even though they've been competing in div I in the pacific region for two years........
When you wish upon a star....

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:50 pm

euphman wrote:I think they will definetly be in the top 12 come finals night
I think they definitely will NOT be in the Top 12, especially since (so far) it's looking like the Madison Scouts are headed in the right direction, back up the ranks.

Pacific Crest will PROBABLY make Semifinals. Anything about 15th would be a HUGE shock to me, though.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:58 pm

euphman wrote:I don't know, they are off to a great start this year, lets just wait and see :D
Off to a great start? They haven't even competed against anyone yet.

Pacific Crest's first show is Friday in Cerritos. I'd say they have to be within SEVEN POINTS of the Santa Clara Vanguard for them to be considered legitimate finals contenders this early in the season. And they have to be within at least TWO points of the Blue Knights.

So, if SCV scores 75.0, Pacific Crest needs to have at least 68.0 to be considered a legitimate contender for DCI Finals at this early point in the season.

NewpsB

Post by NewpsB » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:40 pm

Okay, let's not jump to any conclusions. They haven't competed, so you cant say they probably wont be in the top 12. No one can. Just because they dont score 7pts behind Vanguard, doesn't mean they wont make finals. I mean you may have a feeling, but dont base it off points. Especially not at the first show. Every year is different. Surprises are always in store in drum corps.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:29 am

MrVStaff wrote:Okay, let's not jump to any conclusions. They haven't competed, so you cant say they probably wont be in the top 12. No one can. Just because they dont score 7pts behind Vanguard, doesn't mean they wont make finals. I mean you may have a feeling, but dont base it off points. Especially not at the first show. Every year is different. Surprises are always in store in drum corps.
While I agree that surprises are always in store in drum corps, I disagree with everything else. You can make a lot of conclusions at the start of every season. Like, oh, I doubt the Troopers will make Finals either, considering they've only made SEMI-Finals a few times in the past decade. I think they're on the upward swing, but they aren't Finals ready yet.

I mean, what you're saying is that it's pointless to make predictions at the start of each football or baseball season, too. Phooey. You can look at each organization, look at who's leading them and the talent they have, and base your predictions on that. Sure, there are ALWAYS surprises and long shots... but those are the exception, not the rule. It's pretty easy to be right more often than wrong.

NewpsB

Post by NewpsB » Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:54 am

First of all I never said it was pointless to make predictions during the season. I said that you shouldn't base them off of points. Numbers fluctuate throught the season. I've seen it, i've been involved IN the activity for quite a while now. Again, they haven't even performed at all this year. Dont assume anything.

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:32 am

*shrug*

I believe there is a method to the madness, that the numbers fluctuate in a predictable fashion, and I've spent the past several years striving to research that. I will continue to make my predictions, assumptions, and assertations. You are free to agree with me and disagree with me as you wish.