Tuba videos and recordings here

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Bandmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tuba videos and recordings here

Post by Bandmaster » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:56 pm

I found a website for a pediatrician named Eli Newberger, who is also a pretty hot tuba player. Click here to view a video of him performing with his Dixieland Trio or click here to view a QickTime movie of him playing George Gershwin's Second Piano Prelude, tuba AND piano at the same time!!!! :shock:

Or just visit his website at http://www.elinewberger.com
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster

Kilgore Trout
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Kilgore Trout » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:40 pm

These tuba videos are so inspiring. Me being a young high school tuba player I thought jazz with a tuba was impossible. Apparently not. These videos have just opened a new light for me in tuba playing. :shock: :D

VMHSTUBAGUY
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by VMHSTUBAGUY » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:08 pm

Check out Sam Pilafian if you want to hear some awesome Jazz Tuba... :D

Kilgore Trout
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Kilgore Trout » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:06 am

Thanks I'll check him out.

LoyalTubist
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by LoyalTubist » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:36 am

Does anyone remember the Tuba Revolution of the early 1970s? I think it actually lasted longer than that. It began in 1973 with the First International Tuba Symposium at Indiana University. Tuba players began showing the world that they could do ANYTHING any other musician could do. When I read someone in this column write that they didn't realize that tubas could play jazz, I think we are in need of another Tuba Revolution. And most of the guys who were around back then are either retired or dead. Many are still around, but they won't be around much longer. I hope the young generation of tuba players realizes what they can do with their instrument and not be narrow minded of what's possible for them.