This season's music?

Topics centered more on music performance

Moderator: Hostrauser

Jakob der ludner
Veteran
Veteran

This season's music?

Post by Jakob der ludner » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:43 pm

Hey hey, just wondering what everyone's doing this concert season. I know it maybe be a little early, but we already got ours. Right now, our symphonic band's looking at Variations on a Korean Folk Song and Antithigram by Jack Stamp. Wind Ensemble's looking at A Festive Overture by Alfred Reed, Variations on America, and Allegro and Intermezzo by Claude T. Smith. Symphony Orchestra's still up in the air, but I suspect we're playing the last movement of the Brahms 1st Symphony, and I don't know why, but our director has shown no intention of collecting the Schubert Symphony in B Minor from us (yep, we attempted it).
BHS Marching Band:
Head DM. Head Clarinet SL.
TofR Honor Band Clarinet: 05-06
VK Sops 07
Cal Band Mellos 07

thewindragon
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by thewindragon » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:18 pm

i can't say much about our wind symphony or our symphonic band, but our wind ensemble's putting together Watchman, Tell Us of the Night, Blue Shades, and i think something else. Symphony Orchestra's doing Enigma Variations and something else, which I can't remember.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

There is no ignorance that is not weakness.

kral(smdm)
New Recruit
New Recruit

Carnegi

Post by kral(smdm) » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:23 pm

Our bands heading off to Carnegi hall for the wind competition this year, so we've allready auditioned and gotten our music,

The first is Rendezvous with the other side, A very mystical piece with a lot of energy in the first part, a beautifull orchestration in the Ballad, and A nice and complicated ending

The second is called Patricks Rune, A very difficult piece involving a lot of woodwind runs, and widely fluctuating dynamics

Our third piece is yet to be unveiled, but knowing our Band director, it wil be something awsome

piccmee

Post by piccmee » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:50 am

Yeah kral, it will be something awesome! I can't wait!

tenorsaxplyr34
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tenorsaxplyr34 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:31 pm

a song called "Dancing on Air," and another song called "Prestidigitado" so far.

ZJH
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: This season's music?

Post by ZJH » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:26 pm

Jakob der ludner wrote:Hey hey, just wondering what everyone's doing this concert season. I know it maybe be a little early, but we already got ours. Right now, our symphonic band's looking at Variations on a Korean Folk Song and Antithigram by Jack Stamp. Wind Ensemble's looking at A Festive Overture by Alfred Reed, Variations on America, and Allegro and Intermezzo by Claude T. Smith. Symphony Orchestra's still up in the air, but I suspect we're playing the last movement of the Brahms 1st Symphony, and I don't know why, but our director has shown no intention of collecting the Schubert Symphony in B Minor from us (yep, we attempted it).
We're playing Variations on a Korean Folk Song, too! Fun stuff, I really like the Korean themes in this one. Let's me feel Asian in band. XD

But anyways, we're also looking at "Mannin Veen" by Haydn Wood, "An American Elegy" by Frank Ticheli, "Capriccio Concertant" by W. Francis McBeth (I LOVE this piece), and that's about all we've gotten so far. Capriccio is very fun to play, as well as Variations. I really want to play Bacchanale, but I guess I'll have to wait for next year, when we'll finally get some oboes in the band.
"To think idly is to think for the sake of doing nothing, or to think too much on what one has done and not on what there is to do." - San Manuel Bueno, mártir

trumpetgeek13
Rookie
Rookie

Re: This season's music?

Post by trumpetgeek13 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:52 am

Jakob der ludner wrote:Right now, our symphonic band's looking at Variations on a Korean Folk Song.
My wind ensamle got that music too. We aren't playing it for festivals though.

Wind ensamble
simfonia voci
tempered steel
rocky point holiday

wind symphony
american faces
?
?
You Don't Need A Parachute To Skydive..........
You Need A Parachute To Skydive Twice.

Murrieta Vally High School Crimson Cadets

phatbob2007
Rookie
Rookie

Post by phatbob2007 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:28 pm

hey! well our WE hasnt set our final pieces yet, we have looked at a ton of them includin, satiric dances, franch tichelli's 2nd syphony, director want to look at suire francaise, and gandalf the wizard.

symphonic band has looked at a nations strength by robert w smith, north bridge portait, and a couple others.

mostly we are just reading through tons of songs trying to come up with at set for spring

Passion for Music
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Passion for Music » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:02 pm

Our wind ensemble will be playing: "Four French Songs" by Robert Hansor, "An Original Suite" by Gordon Jacob, and I'm guessing that our director will pick from "Elegy for a Young American," "Puszta," or "Festal Scenes" as a third piece. My favorite pieces are still "Chorale and Shaker Dance," and "Africa: Ceremony, Song, and Ritual."
SHHS Marching Band and Colorguard
2002- From Dusk Till Dawn
2003- Coronation of the New King
2004- Cirque du Soleil
2005- Primacy of Numbers
PCC Lancer Band and Colorguard
2006- 007: Shaken & Stirred

lowbrass89
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lowbrass89 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:25 am

for our wind ensemble were playing