Noticing things

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Noticing things

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:57 pm

This topic is basically for weird stuff that you noticed or that you got so bored that you noticed something out of the ordinary. If so, please share with the rest of us what that might be.

Like me for example, today I've had the pleasure of being bored out of my mind for say only about 3 hours. In this time period, I have noticed something about the website. Now, if I'm correct, this website is actually mainly in California (if that makes any sense) is it not??? Well, if it is, then I have noticed that the time on this website is in fact an hour behind!!! It's nothing much, but I"M BORED!!!!!

Now 1/2 of you are going to go and look at the time and notice that indeed it is an hour behind.
OHS '01 - '05

Bassline4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bassline4life » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:28 pm

Have you ever noticed in some movies (some disney) at werid times they say well lets just say werid things......

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:34 pm

Bassline4life wrote:Have you ever noticed in some movies (some disney) at werid times they say well lets just say werid things......
Yes.

nitsud92506
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by nitsud92506 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:03 pm

hey i checked the clock thing and you are right....the time is late an hour. haha.

i went to this video rental place and i went to go look at the DVDs. On one of the DVD boxes there had a sticker that said, "Be kind. Please rewind." (on a friggin DVD!) and i was just like...."uh.....what the hell?"

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

notice things

Post by altogirl06 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:40 pm

ummm...... :shock: i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: and have you ever noticed that lizzy is a really big band geek ? and i don't know if shes noticed but, i'm a bigger band geek!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol: ALSO HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT THIS EMOTICON LOOKS CONSTIPATED :x ?HEHEHEHE! J/K
Nothing is impossible with God!

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:55 pm

I noticed this board slowly gets people on it. For the amount of people signed up with accounts there's not much of them coming to Off Topic to chill.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:05 pm

Have you ever noticed how copy machines ALWAYS run out of paper when you only have one more page left to copy???

Oh! This one's from a movie, have you ever seen the Wedding Singer??? Well, there's this one part where he's thrown into the garbage can, well, in one screenshot, there's this metal circle thing, and then in the next shot, it moved, and then in the next, it's back again... look for it... it's pretty funny
OHS '01 - '05

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Lots of things to noticeq

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:55 pm

In the Disney movie El Dorado, in the beginning, two bunnies hop into a bush and the bush shakes and lots of little bunnies hop out. It's a kid's movie. That's ... wierd. I don't know if I can put that here... I guess I'll find out. OH! And another thing I notice, I wind up in the same stalls in the bathroom and I think people are starting to have conversations with themselves on the stalls..
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:55 am

After a while sleep deprivation and Red Bulls make you go CRAZY!!!!
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

nitsud92506
New Recruit
New Recruit

that little something extra

Post by nitsud92506 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 2:05 pm

oh i remember noticing something on a movie. its one of those mistakes that editing should have taken care of. well if you have seen the first American Pie flick you would have remembered the infamous uhh...."specimen in the cup" scene..."pale ale." well when stiffler has that girl on the bed right after the other couple had just completed there um, fun, the girl stiffler tries to hook up with notices that her beer is missing. stiffler looks to a night stand and picks up the cup of beer not knowing its been tainted with "man love mix." he hands it to the girl and tells her to just have that beer. in previous scenes, the cup is clear so that people will see that "something extra" but in every shot where the girl is holding the beer, the cup is blue...what the hell...!?!? oh well, that scene was still effective in its inention...to make me laugh my ass off.

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:43 pm

In the Disney movie El Dorado, in the beginning, two bunnies hop into a bush and the bush shakes and lots of little bunnies hop out.
Hey I noticed that first nessa thank you very much. :wink: I've also noticed that people think it's funny to clap when the guard captains clap for us to spin and whatnot. I don't know why... they need to see if they can clap too?

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Explanation para el clapping

Post by flagchild06 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:56 pm

I think clapping is ingrained into your brain when your little to be a signal that you're happy. AND not everyone can clap, I mean, the cheerleaders at our school miss their hands. Some of my friendes are cheerleaders so no dig but it's true. Ever notice how when you were little you only wanted to stay up forever and then now going to bed at 8 or 9 would mean so much sleep and happiness?
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:56 am

band is a dictatorship.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:22 am

band is also communist because you can never think of yourself and everything u do is for the band.

oh and somthing cool in the movie gladiator
this is on some movie blooper website

if u goto one of earlier scenes after the big battle, maximus is brushing his horse or somthing and look in the background! when the horse moves there's a guy wearing jeans backing up not realizing they were filming!!!

other weird things:

why is it that only asians (like me) play DDR? is it the techno?