Hilltop Jazz Festival

Announce and promote upcoming pageantry events and activities

Moderator: Bandmaster

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Hilltop Jazz Festival

Post by Jsaxm » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:21 am

I just wanted to let you all know that Brea Olinda High School will be hosting their second annual Hilltop Jazz Festival on May 20th. I know it is a little far in advance, but I figure if I let you guys know early then you might be able to schedule it into your plans for the upcoming jazz season. Last year we had Wayne Bergeron, lead trumpet player for the Big Phat Band, as an adjudicator and guest performer with the Brea Olinda jazz band. Wayne will be joining us again this year to both adjudicate and perform again.

We have a terrific state of the art theatre with built in sound re-enforcement, lighting, etc., no performing in a nasty gym for any group. Warm-up room is connected to the performance area with a hallway, no tuning and then walking outside in the hot and then coming back into the cool theatre. Every band that competes will receive an award, and we will give soloist awards for every group as well.

If you would like more info then please PM me and I can pass it along to you.
You just can't encourage stupidity

Jsaxm
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Jsaxm » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:54 pm

Just confirmed. This year we will be having Jeff Tower and Chuck Tumlinson as adjudicators for our festival. We are working on getting a couple more great judges. I hope to see some of your groups there.
You just can't encourage stupidity