Prom season

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Prom season

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:00 am

Last night my fraternity had a formal and all the preparations for it reminded me of high school prom. I brought my tux up from home, cleaned up my 325i, put gas in it, got a haircut, bought new cologne and all that good stuff. Like previous formal experiences I met my date's parents becuz she lives here in Irvine. Anywho I always have a fear of parents in a way like the movie Meet the Parents. I always have good intentions and would always look out for my date but I have a paranoia that the parents might be overprotective of their daughter. Her parents were very welcoming and kind.

The formal was held at the Queen Mary in Long Beach and traffic getting there was HELL. Luckily the rest of the chapter got caught in it as well and dinner was postponed in order to start once everyone arrived. When we got there we found out there were actually several formal occasions going on in separate rooms. One was for active duty Army guys, one was a club of some sort and another was a high school prom. There was some party crashing by drunk Army guys but other than that the whole night went well.

So how was Prom for you?

Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

mrankimonki
New Recruit
New Recruit

Prom

Post by mrankimonki » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:47 pm

We had our senior prom a couple of weekends ago (May 17th) on the California Hornblower (a boat in San Francisco Bay). It was very nice with two dance floors a nice open deck, some delicious food, a good date, a great afterparty where i chillaxed at and enjoyed life:-D. Some pics are below. enjoy. if you want to read in DETAIL about my prom:-D including how i asked, which was kinda fun and pictures, go to
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=mra ... 9%3a59.999

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:56 am

Not to be a jerk, but...

Prom definitely did not live up to the hype...

Not one of the more momentous occassions of my life. I could have done without, therfore wasting less of my precious financial assets...
Back to my training...

:maul:

SithScorp out...

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:54 pm

its called resizing pictures...

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:03 pm

i ahve prom on sat im so excited

Shrekinet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Shrekinet » Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:30 am

i heard that the queen mary was really kewl because it had a glass ballroom floor or something.my skools prom was really early. may 10th. kinda sucked though cuz we had that wango tango audtion thingy, so we were missing lots of the uper classmen. okay, im gonna shut up now, cuz i know i wont stop talking. hope ya had lots and lots of fun. :D

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:27 am

I didn't explore the bottom decks. My date and I were only on the top deck and the deck below that.

But from what I remember I think there is some sort of glass bottom or see through thing at the bottom of the ship.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:12 am

SithScorp wrote:Not to be a jerk, but...

Prom definitely did not live up to the hype...

Not one of the more momentous occassions of my life. I could have done without, therfore wasting less of my precious financial assets...
You know what Sith, I have to agree. It was a lot of fun and all, but it was not that magical moment that I had expected. To me, it was like any ordinary dance. I probably would have had a better time though, if I had gone with people that I had known, and not those that I had just met that night.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."