What else do you/did you do in High School?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

SoCalSpinN
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SoCalSpinN » Mon Nov 18, 2002 1:27 am

Hmm... AP's... Yea, granted, AP classes did boost your grade in high school, many colleges and universities drop the 5.0 scale and look solely on the unweighted grade.

As far as tests go, they can get you out of certain classes. For instance, because I did well on the AP Calc and Physics tests, I got out of a semester of math and science here. In the end, I saved me and my parents a grip load of money in tuition by omitting the courses i tested out of.

rayden
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by rayden » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:20 pm

I did FNL, Math Club, ROP, some AP Classes (US History was my best subject) and of course BAND. I tried guard for a while, but when back to playing music.
Now, I want to go back to guard again because after watching Michelle Kwan's performances for many years, it had inspired me to go for it this time.

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

wut i do

Post by Cole167888 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:29 pm

ya...i want to do a lot of stuff..ive had this problem b4 wherei sign up for everything and then crack and quit everything..like in 8th grade..it was inasne...i was drum major and i tried to do track...then little things set me off so i quit track
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: wut i do

Post by nizmo » Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:18 am

Cole167888 wrote:ya...i want to do a lot of stuff..ive had this problem b4 wherei sign up for everything and then crack and quit everything..like in 8th grade..it was inasne...i was drum major and i tried to do track...then little things set me off so i quit track
if u wanna do something, do it. don't quit.

Teever
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Teever » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:20 pm

I'm rolling on the floor laughing reading about all your poor guys who having nothing to do but go to school (and perhaps hold down some meaningless job, although very few of these posters seem to be old enough to work!) complain about how busy you are! Wake up folks, you've got it easy! Deal with life now and maybe it won't seem so hectic later, but most of you are in for a hugh shock. Busy? HAH!

And imingaurd - keep the csf and colorgaurd, but do yourself a favor and drop the avid program - it's just a poor excuse for people who can't study, turn in homework, and have the common sense to match college requirements with the classes they choose over the four years their in high school, and gives some administrator and a couple of teachers an extra class to do.

kit-kat96

My Wonderful High School Years

Post by kit-kat96 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:59 am

I ddid not do to much in high school. Besides from being a honor student I was in Student Government and student council for three years, I was in the french club for 2 years and I was in colorguard all 4 years. Colorguard made high school fun for me. Especially my junior yr, when we took silver at WGI. Our guard rocked until our senior year. One of our guard instructors ( the one who wrote the majority of our work) passed away at the end of my junior year. It went downhill from there. But I still loved guard all the same eventhough we sucked big time my last year.

kit-kat96

Post by kit-kat96 » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:45 pm

Wasn't that an awesome feeling. To be one of the best. Well it wasn't gold , but just to be there and then be one of the top 3 was exciting. Congrats on the gold by the way. Oh guess what people, I got back into school for the third time. Gotta get that degree and start makin thousands and thousands of dollas.

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:19 pm

Key Club..such a waste of time, so I stopped going like around November or so. I still paid the friggin' $10 fee before, so I wasted my money too!!!!! :x

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:51 pm

hehe its only 10 dollars

dude
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by dude » Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:09 pm

Uh lets see...band yes....soccer...golf...this one christian club ( i never go to it...i dont even know the name of it), uh asb....classes take up time but im not doing an aps ...im only a frosh....but next year. o boy