funny asg stuff

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

funny asg stuff

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Fri May 30, 2003 8:09 pm

I was wondering what kind of funny/weird things your school ASG has done for the band. I know that my school had a marching band rally! I'm sure u can hear about it from other people but i really want to know what other ASG activites were put up for band by those really peppy people in your schools (or if u dont goto school anymore, what your old ASGhad done)

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Sat May 31, 2003 1:08 am

How is this for funny?

ASB did absolutely NOTHING, except for buy themselves these really nifty sweatshirts with elaborate embroidery designs and their names on them...

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sat May 31, 2003 9:59 pm

aw man that sux. well partly our asg did somthing because we had someone in asg that was in band and she ran the rally

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

funny asg stuff

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:41 am

ours has done nothing except put up signs when we would win competitions. they all bought asb sweaters and shirts. and we only had pep rallys for sports and had to play all these songs to make every thing more pepy,if we spend alot of our time supporting the sports then they could support us :x . man that felt good to let my oppinion out on that. thanks!! :)
Nothing is impossible with God!

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Re: funny asg stuff

Post by LovableSheep » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:00 pm

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:I was wondering what kind of funny/weird things your school ASG has done for the band. I know that my school had a marching band rally! I'm sure u can hear about it from other people but i really want to know what other ASG activites were put up for band by those really peppy people in your schools (or if u dont goto school anymore, what your old ASGhad done)
The only problem with that rally was it turned into a football rally by the end.
Now, if only we could get ASG to give the band program money...

Bassline4life
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bassline4life » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:17 pm

At my school the only thing they do is tell everyone that we won or how we did in our compation and then at our last show (TOC) they would make a big sign and put it out side of the band room but really....our shcool suports us and well the band wins everything and ASB does not man that fells good......

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:34 pm

our shcool suports us and well the band wins everything and ASB does not man that fells good......

now lets support the whole school lol
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

SithScorp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SithScorp » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:29 am

As an advocate for the Arts, and specifically BAND, I must iterate the following...

Band is the best and most inclusive organization on any campus. Not only are we co-ed, but membership is not based on a popularity contest, such as ASB. Nor is it exclusive to the "physically gifted" such as athletics. A collection of students from a wide variety of backgrounds and ability levels may participate in our activity.

As a result, each school should be doing more to support each band. It is a positive, character-building, life-long enrichment of the self-being of each student that participates...

The BAND IS the SCHOOL, or it SHOULD be...
Back to my training...

:maul:

SithScorp out...

Dune00z
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Dune00z » Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:49 pm

Man, the asb at Helix does absolutely nothing to help out the band. They dont try and promote anything we do or any concerts we have, its so dumb! I HATE the ASB. Ours is full of friggin idiots that do nothing except make dumb faces and make our class $$$$ go in debt. :dunce:

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:19 pm

one thing i always think about of people in ASB/ASG

no one is asg/asb really want to help and support the school.
being in there just looks good in their college resumes and all they want to do is get into a good college. i dont blame them but if u really want to be in it then be in it to help.

what all u guys need is get someone in band in there to tell them about us and what we do!

Shrekinet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Shrekinet » Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:38 am

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:one thing i always think about of people in ASB/ASG

no one is asg/asb really want to help and support the school.
being in there just looks good in their college resumes and all they want to do is get into a good college. i dont blame them but if u really want to be in it then be in it to help.

what all u guys need is get someone in band in there to tell them about us and what we do!
gosh how sad! you're generalizing! they mite want to help, you don't know every individual that is associated with that organization... i dunno, like dont you hate it when ppl just talk about stereoypes about band? it's just dont think it's right to do the same for another organization. but that's just me. i agree with the part that if theyre doing something for band that they should get opinions from actual band members though.

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:34 am

well in my school all the people in ASG are the popular and smart people. Smart because they study to get good grades and popular to get in ASG. Perfect college combination.

It's also like community service. WE dont really care about the community we just do it because the colleges like it you know? I know alot of people who do community service just to go to college and they dont care jack about the community. They should call it College service. The people who do community service for the community are the ones that already went to college!

Well at least in my school that's why the people are there i asked around with some of my friends and they totally agree with me.
The only reason why we had a band rally was because someone in band was in it and she organized it all. NO ONE there CARES about band really unless there is someone there to tell them about us and to fight for us.

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:57 pm

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:well in my school all the people in ASG are the popular and smart people. Smart because they study to get good grades and popular to get in ASG. Perfect college combination.

It's also like community service. WE dont really care about the community we just do it because the colleges like it you know? I know alot of people who do community service just to go to college and they dont care jack about the community. They should call it College service. The people who do community service for the community are the ones that already went to college!

Well at least in my school that's why the people are there i asked around with some of my friends and they totally agree with me.
The only reason why we had a band rally was because someone in band was in it and she organized it all. NO ONE there CARES about band really unless there is someone there to tell them about us and to fight for us.
Resume building is what it partly takes to get into college. That's the way it works.

You may not like the rules but you gotta play the game.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike