Starting a marching band program

Discuss fundrising ideas, travel plans, find equipment and supplies, compare notes with other boosters...

Moderator: Bandmaster

Jibby3

Starting a marching band program

Post by Jibby3 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:39 am

We are starting a marching band program however our biggest hurdle is scheduling Band-Music...etc into the students schedules without conflict. Can anyone share a basic schedule that I can recommend to the School Board...they have asked for me to do this!

I would appreciate any input...
I am not perfect...just forgiven

musicallife
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by musicallife » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:00 pm

u plan a night 1-2 a week after school at about 5:30 pm. ours was on tuesday and wednesday for 2-3 hours at the field.
>>>Jessica
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
>French Horns are amazing!
>>Section leader, Uniform manager

vore
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Starting a marching band program

Post by vore » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Jibby3 wrote:We are starting a marching band program however our biggest hurdle is scheduling Band-Music...etc into the students schedules without conflict. Can anyone share a basic schedule that I can recommend to the School Board...they have asked for me to do this!

I would appreciate any input...
If you are band director, consider joining the Director's Forum where many of these questions are answered on a weekly basis so you "don't have to reinvent the wheel."

One question: Are you starting an instrumental msuic program or are now adding a marching band to an exiting program?

vore 8-)
"Educators are teachers who have taken an easy subject and made it difficult."