Internet Deprivation

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Internet Deprivation

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:09 pm

Man I feel so addicted to the net. I just moved back to my apartment in school and since my ex roomate moved out he took all the cable modem and network stuff since it was his. Last night I was going crazy without the internet. It's like you don't feel connected to something anymore. Right now I'm at work in the computer lab but tomorrow we're heading out to grab a cable modem and router.

Anyone else have Internet Deprivation horror stories?
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:50 pm

It's happened to me several times when our cable connection sometimes refuses to work. Luckly it hasn't happened much lately, but it used to all the time.

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Fri Jan 03, 2003 3:05 pm

Yea, when my cable wouldn't work it killed me. I went mad. Whenever I do something to make my dad mad, my dad "doesn't let me use the computer". Against his will I sit there, and he yells. But I still play with the computer. I'm hooked.
No regrets

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:02 am

Ok I'm back. After spending some money with the roomates we've purchased a cable modem and a router. Ahh it feels like fresh air.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:20 am

I got grounded for 2 semesters before and couldn't go anywhere near my computer.... that to me was hell... i need to be on the internet....i need to be

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

hmmm

Post by Cole167888 » Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:12 pm

i would actually like to get my internet taken away...im an addict..thats also my new years resolution, get off this stupid machine :drop: ya rite
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Re: hmmm

Post by LovableSheep » Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:55 pm

Cole167888 wrote:i would actually like to get my internet taken away...im an addict..thats also my new years resolution, get off this stupid machine :drop: ya rite
I know I'd never be able to do that, so I don't even bother trying to make it a resolution.