sick

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

who's sick of the fighting?

me
78%
not me
No votes
don't care
22%

Total votes: 9

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

sick

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:28 pm

anyone else sick of all the arguments going on in w.o.p? i am, i wish they would stop. like i said before we are here to make friends w. ppl from all over involved in guard and band!and thats why many of us come here,we can state our oppinions and talk about band and events. but lately there has been alot of arguing. "the passion" "anit ska a.k.a death to ska" and "gay marrige* have cause alot of problems.i'm not trying to rag on the mods but, if you guys feel like the topic or things in it that are being said are gonna cause a prob why not delete it? that way we don't have to put up w/ the immaturity of ppl who like to start stuff.thanx

----altogirl
Nothing is impossible with God!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Re: sick

Post by formermarcher » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:43 pm

altogirl06 wrote:anyone else sick of all the arguments going on in w.o.p? i am, i wish they would stop. like i said before we are here to make friends w. ppl from all over involved in guard and band!and thats why many of us come here,we can state our oppinions and talk about band and events. but lately there has been alot of arguing. "the passion" "anit ska a.k.a death to ska" and "gay marrige* have cause alot of problems.i'm not trying to rag on the mods but, if you guys feel like the topic or things in it that are being said are gonna cause a prob why not delete it? that way we don't have to put up w/ the immaturity of ppl who like to start stuff.thanx

----altogirl
I know I ain't a mod here in off-topic, but what I have to say applies to every forum we have here on WoP.

The reason we won't delete threads is because we shouldn't have to. You guys should knowingly be respectful to each other and get along fine. Each thread you mention there had the potential to be a good thread, but you guys as posters find the need to start arguements.

When you say we should delete a thread, I don't know if you mean we should delete it when it is first made, or when it starts to get out of hand.

If you mean when its first created...like I said, each thread has potential to be good threads. Its not like we can see the future, you know. We can't tell if its going to be a bad thread. Thats why most threads are never deleted, just locked.

In the case of the gay marriage thread, it started out fine. But with the addition of a few posters and what they had to say, it quickly turned out of hand. But because it started out as a good thread, it is given a chance to remain unlocked in hopes that people will drop thier foolishness and stupidity to resume a respectful conversation/debate.

If we lock everything that got out of hand (which has happened before) we get complaints because not everyone agrees that a thread is ready to be locked. And until we recieve complaints about a thread, chances are its not going to be locked.
The locking power and deletion power are used scarcely. Sometimes it is used more in one forum than another. Deletion is normally reserved for repeated threads or threads that are incredibly offensive to others. Locking threads is when it gets out of hand.

But again with the gay marriage thread, it is not locked because there is still a chance that it can be turned around if people just watch what they are saying. Also, the gay marriage thread aloows alot of things about respectful posting to be said, and it is a good example on how not to act.

But I assure you...if it keeps up, it won't be qaround for much longer.

Hopefully that clears a few things up for you.
Moderators
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

VM Trumpet
Rookie
Rookie

Post by VM Trumpet » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:46 pm

When I first joined World Of Pageantry it was a place, like altogirl06 said, to share ideas and opinions about whatever and not be attacked for it. This is why I was on so frequently...wanted to see what others said. Everyone could have their say...

Lateley though, it has definitely gone bad. I am not liking it either. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and opinions can't be wrong! That's the nature of an opinion... People create threads to have decent conversations with other people around the country, not to start a head bashing contest. So, yeah, I'm sick of it! I have to deal with it at school and sometimes with my friends and family... Just get over yourselves and if something comes up you don't like, we have something called PM (Private Message) *hint, hint*! It is cool to share ideas, but don't go crazy....
Vista Murrieta Golden Alliance
Trumpet Section Leader: '03 - '07

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:15 pm

ohs25147 wrote:yeah i was thinkin about that earlier....i got some of my posts deleted but some of these topics havent? i dont get it
That normally happenswhen you post something totally random that has nothing to do with the conversation at hand or if you've said something really ofeensive.

Ask yourself...if you post something inappropriate, why should the entire thread suffer from something you said?
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:04 pm

ohs25147 wrote:na homey i aint even complaining. im just saying some of my posts got deleted and i think it was cuz of cussing.maybe if they dont like it they should go deaf or shut up cuz oyu know everyone says crap and damn and what not
Or, people could just not use those words.

Just because you can use them doesn't mean you have to. This is a non-foul mouth website. Sure, some words slip in there for emphasis...I'm guilty for doing that, just like almost everyone here is.

Point is, don't do it and the posts won't get deleted. :D

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:28 am

ohs25147 wrote:ok well yes i understand im just sayoing me personally i get more offended by serious stuff then casual profanity
i can vouch for that! :D lol,this reminds me of that one time when my post from D-land was deleted :x
Nothing is impossible with God!