Letter to Soldier from Red Neck

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

ILL~BE~BACH
New Recruit
New Recruit

Letter to Soldier from Red Neck

Post by ILL~BE~BACH » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:03 pm

This is a letter from a red neck mother to her son who is a soldier.

Dear Son,

Im writing this slow cause I know you can't read fast. We don't live where we did when you left. Your dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within twenty miles of home, so we moved. Won't be able to send you the address as the last Arkansas family that lived here took the numbers with them for their house, so they wouldn't have to change their address.
This place has a washing machine. The first day, I put four shirts in it, pulled the chain and haven't seen 'em since.
It only rained twice this week, three days the first time and four days the second time.
The coat you wanted me to send you, Aunt Sue said it would be a little too heavy to send in the mail with them heavy buttons, so we cut them off and put them in the pockets.
We got a bill from the funeral home, and it said if we didn't make the final payment on Grandma's funderal bill, up she come.
About your sister, she had a baby this morning. I haven't found out whether if it's a boy or a girl so don't know if you are an Aunt or Uncle.
Your Uncle John fell in the whiskey vat. Some men tried to get him out, but he fought them off playfully, so he drowned. We cremated him and he burned for three days.
Three of your friends went off the bridge in a pickup. One was driving and the other two were in the back. The driver got out. He rolled down the window and swam to safery. The other two drowned. They couldn't get the tailgate down.
Not much more news this time. Nothing much happened. If you don't get this letter, please let me know and I will send another one.

Love, Ma
LP/O Rocks!!!!!! Oh yes, we are, superior by far!!!!!

Q: How can you tell which kid on the playground is the child of a trombonist?

A: They don't know how to use the slide and can't swing.

http://lpoalliance.tripod.com

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:17 pm

LoL thats funny, thats the kinda letter people would write where Im from. Seriously, I live in hickville. lol :)

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:16 pm

:lol:

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:04 pm

haha funny letter
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:33 pm

Yeah I used to live in Texas and I have a hick accent. My grandparents live in Arkansas and Oklahoma. My family's hick history goes way back! Although I do hope I'm not thatdumb sounding :?