topics that have come and gone...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

colorguardchicken02

topics that have come and gone...

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:28 pm

well i like bringing up done topics cuz i have nothing better to do. im just wondering around the site and being yelled at by my best friend cuz i wont eat. but hey what else is new? :shock: :roll:

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:45 pm

not sure how everyone else on WOP feels but i find it annoying when someone is basically flooding the board by posting in every single thread, especially when the post isn’t relevant. it makes it hard to find a topic that is actually worth reading. Thank god for flood control though.....
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:06 pm

Lets try to keep in mind that there are different motovations for posting here at WoP.

One is simply because a person wants to activley participate in a conversation. Generally, this might include posts in another forum (such as marching bands, or colorguard)...not just off-topic.

However, some people are motovated by the post count and rankings. Sometimes people feel the need to accumulate as many posts as they can, which might include bringing up topics that have been dead for nearly a full year. These people can most be found in just posting off-topic.

I'm not saying thats what colorguardchicken02 is doing...maybe she just wants to post her opinons. But as said by Matadork, it is rather annoying. The threads have been dead for quite some time and now they are back.

The impression that colorguardchicken is just in this for the post count maybe a misconception here, but just throwing this out here...that is what it seems like.

Happy postings! :wav:
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

JohnnyffX
Rookie
Rookie

well...

Post by JohnnyffX » Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:11 pm

In one of my cases under a previous name on the site i had some trouble with a post so some topics are best left in certain cases :oops:
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong...

Waterhead
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Waterhead » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:43 pm

you sure do like posting about nothing sarah lol :)

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:30 pm

I only post in topics that are interesting and catch my eye. Sometimes I do wanna get my post count up, though...

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:35 pm

i dunno... post count doesnt matter to me anymore
its just fun for me to be able to talk to people from all the different schools
maybe im too much of a band nerd
o well
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:48 am

i agree that its fun looking at old post.. but its annoying to see every new posting is on a dead one... true i did it once.. but im not making every single thred a reincarnated(sp?) one.
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

Hoshwa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hoshwa » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:12 am

haha. i didn't come on for one day and there are like 20 new threads and i was lime waa?!?!

anyway yeah.

i only bought back the emo thread from ages ago cause.. well... emo is the thing of the now...not that i care for it all that much, but i dont hate it. i guess. and i had something to say. i guess.

hi :roll:
:wink: 8-) :D

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:29 am

Sometimes it is annoying for there to be like a bajillion old topics, but also sometimes it's better to post on an old one than start a new one. Like if you want to talk about something but it's in a dead topic, what do you do?

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:48 am

well if it is relevant that by all means, bring it back...but its the topics that are gone because of something specific (like someone had a question and it was answered). Why bring it back if it has been answered, ya know?
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

My milkshake brings all the boys to the board and they're like "itz btr ten urz".

colorguardchicken02

Post by colorguardchicken02 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:13 pm

Matadork05 wrote:well if it is relevant that by all means, bring it back...but its the topics that are gone because of something specific (like someone had a question and it was answered). Why bring it back if it has been answered, ya know?

well maybe you have the same question and are to lazy to post a new thingy... :roll:

Matadork05
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by Matadork05 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:30 pm

having a question is legitimate, but posting a reply to a question that has already been answered is pretty pointless.
-Reigning Miss NCBA-
Guard Alumni

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:30 pm

maybe you can just refer to the old posts by copying their link and then posting it on another thread instead of bring back the entire old thread
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004