Lotr: Rotk

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Wildabeast
Drum Major
Drum Major

Lotr: Rotk

Post by Wildabeast » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:46 am

Yep. Loooong, but very good. Sam's my hero and Gandalf would make a great Middle Earth Jedi Master.

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

lotr rox my sox!!!!

Post by RifleLova » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:46 am

Lord of the Rings; Return of the King was awesome!! I got to see it yesterday and it was soooooo good! It surely was long and i hadn't slept for a LONG time so my eyes were longing closure but did i close them? NO WAY! I can't wait until Return of the King comes out on DVD so i can buy all three extended versions! The war at Minas Tirith was so great. And i would just like to say that i hate Gollum and Boromir/Faramir's father...or atleast their characters in the movie! Also, as usual, Legolas is the coolest/cutest guy of all!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:23 pm

OMG! I want to see LOTR: ROTK Sooo bad... I absolotely loved the first 2 so I mean then 3rd has got to be the best. Im gonna see it sometime over X-mas break for sure.
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:31 am

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!! AND LEGOLAS WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!!!! BUT,THE ENTIRE MOVIE WAS GREAT!!!
Nothing is impossible with God!

La Stephen
Veteran
Veteran

Post by La Stephen » Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:49 am

lol sure, Legolas is hot enough, but what good lines did he have??

"A Diversion"

poor chum.

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:04 am

lol, La Stephen!

BEST...MOVIE...EVER. Everybody shined, from Eowyn to Pippin to Sam... (Much props to Eowyn for all the great stuff in the war). The ending was loooooooooooooooong, but it was soo good. Btw, Arwen is hot! heheh

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:04 am

Yes the ending was TOOO long. Half an hour before the movie was over, someone started clapping.. o man. And then we excepted it to end every "blackout" afterward
My favorite character is Aragorn. Might not be as hot as Legolas, but the best leader, and a great king, undoubtably.
No regrets

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Post by clusknay » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:00 pm

I thought the Witchking had one heck of a "vibe" about him...almost like a darth maulish death vibe. As soon as I saw him, i had the immidiate feeling that some people were going to get seriously messed up. Intimidating as all heck though...

Awesome finish to a great series.

If you get the chance, check out the extended series in the first two DVD's...a lot of material to get through, but for those that read the books, it explains why they decided to do things the way that they did. Not to mention, it also shows the GREAT amount of detail, and thought that was given to the films. Very cool.

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:20 am

mm i hope i get to watch it this break because last time i saw a movie was during the summer time... sad but true
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

MinCook
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MinCook » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:23 pm

lol my english teacher is offering us extra credit if we write a movie report on it...
There is nothing more scary than a kid with an internet connection.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:52 am

I saw it when I was up at Tahoe... :wink:

I loved the books...and seeing how the movie was so much more in tune with the book really added to the effect of it. :D

I'll tell ya though...and I'm not ashamed to say this...the last 30 min or so...real tear-jerkers. :cry:
I heard sobs from other people in the theater...
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:31 am

I saw it with 17 other people, was crazy! BUt other then them never shutting-up, i really liked the movie. So much I wanna talk about but so many who haven't seen the movie. I didn't like the never-ending ending. Fight scenes were better then the TT, and I don't hate to say it, but I was really hoping for a certain person to die, I'll give you a hint, just about every chick loves him and thinks he's gorgeous, yeah well, word had it he was going to die (people spreding rumors) and then I thought he was and he didn't :x sorry, I personally don't like him. But other then the ending and the other crap, it was a hell of a movie. If you haven't seen it, go see it! You'll like it. :D
OHS '01 - '05

altogirl06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altogirl06 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:09 pm

:stupid: ok,if you wish for him to die then i wish for johnny depp to die!!! we can throw down south park christmas style! :jedi: gr........well u know i'm j/k but, legolas is hot!! and he looks even better on my wall since kiki bought his poster for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bleah:
Nothing is impossible with God!

Bandfan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Bandfan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:53 pm

The movie definitely was awesome. Just...amazing. It was a great conclusion to a great series. I saw it last night at 9, on the IMAX screen. Seriously, you have not seen any of the 3 lotr movies until you have seen them on the IMAX. The battle scenes were awesomeness. Tolkien wrote Minas Tirith so vividly, seeing it plaid out on screen was nothing short of magnificent. Plus, for all of us band geeks, the soundtrack was awesome, perfectly fitting the moods such that it could send chills down your spine or give you a glimpse of the shire instantaneously. Simply put, it was epically awesome.

However, on the critique side, I had a few issues. I really appreciated the integration of cgi and landscape into the film. However, at times Gollum and some of the cgi phased a bit, making the scenes a little to awkward to not notice. That is minor stuff though. The larger issue was staying true to the book. While Jackson did a good job of this, was all the love scene stuff necessary. I mean, it seemed forced, and it wasn't even in the book. There was no real need to go through the big romance thing with Aaragorn. I think they thought they needed a small soap opera plot for the ladies, so they decided to manufacture one. Granted, they did do a good job of integrating a believable story by transplanting another story Tolkien wrote for the Silmarillion. Basically, they took an old story during early middle earth and re-packaged it for the big screen. It seemed too forced, and partially screwed with the story of Rohan and the slaying of the nazgul. But I guess I'm showing I’m too much of a nerd.

Also, the pre-end with the battle and gollum took some liberty. I know they wanted peril and drama, but they didn't represent the fact that Aaragorn was nearly victorious without the destruction of the ring, and the gollum fight took too long. As to the "but wait there's more style of ending", you can't really blame Jackson.

Anyways, I’m just rambling. If anyone else out there has read the books, and knows what I’m talking about, please comment so I don't feel so nerdy/lacking in a much-needed life.
Yeah Marching, Yeah Waterbreaks