Marching Band video game

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

VHSTrumpetGuy86
Rookie
Rookie

Marching Band video game

Post by VHSTrumpetGuy86 » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:20 pm

Wouldn't it be awesome if the people that make video games created a game where you control a bands sucess and stuff. Not so much like DDR but more like hard work that you put into the game and stuff is what you get on a score sheet. Then you could hook it up to the net or something and compete against your friends. There are so many people in band/colorguard that sales would go through the roof. Anyone else ever think about this???

-Mitch

flagratgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagratgirl » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:03 pm

i would so play that like if u have to designe the show then like determine how much practice and the judges give u some improvemnt ideas and you try to get to the best in state! hehehe. i never thought about it till now but jeez that would be fun just if u took the same design as that lemonade tycoon game or somethign
WOP OT Mafia Game I: Townsperson champion

There is no beginning or end.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:48 pm

I think it would attract only marchers and people on marching staff. I think there is a considerable amount you have to know firsthand...
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Spyder
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spyder » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:59 pm

A marching band VIDEO GAME?????? uh...... :?
no longer dealing with high school ^_^

"If it doesnt hurt your not doing it right,"-Darrin Byrd

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:40 pm

A marching band video game would be SICK!!! Think about it: the game could have all of the bands in our region in it, and then you could choose any one of them to control, or you could just create your own. Then, you could choose what music you want to play, like for your march/field show. Then you could also create drill for the show. Then, you could teach your band how to march and play, and that would determine how they would do at competitions. The possibilities for the game are endless. Then of course, we could make the game like a sports game series, with an updated version every year with minor improvements. I think that would be cool...
:think:
In the mind of a huge bando that has nothing better to do than think of ideas for a marching band video game! :lol:
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:27 pm

I'm almost ashamed to admit I've been thinking about this concept for years. It would be like the Madden NFL games: you could control an existing band (maybe a BOA powerhouse) or invent your own... choose the location, design uniforms... choose been "parade" or "field" orientated... Have "practice" drills... the control the band at competitions.

It would rule.

God I'm lame.

:stupid:

hboyce
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by hboyce » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:22 am

There already is a marching band video game. It's called Pyware 3D and Sibelius/Finale. Granted it's an expensive "game" they do all the things you specified.
--Hunter

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:38 am

As much of a bando I am I'll still say this:
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot....over.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:22 am

hboyce wrote:There already is a marching band video game. It's called Pyware 3D and Sibelius/Finale. Granted it's an expensive "game" they do all the things you specified.
Well then...that would certainly answer this thread.
Have you, yourself, tried this game? I didn't even know someone would actually bother to make a game like that...
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:32 am

formermarcher wrote:
hboyce wrote:There already is a marching band video game. It's called Pyware 3D and Sibelius/Finale. Granted it's an expensive "game" they do all the things you specified.
Well then...that would certainly answer this thread.
Have you, yourself, tried this game? I didn't even know someone would actually bother to make a game like that...
Those are music composition programs and drill writing programs.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

TMRsaxyDM
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by TMRsaxyDM » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:40 pm

haha a marching band game would be awsome.. i know i would play itfor days at a time lol.
Pumkin Pie Love..

SKA SKA SKA!

Cheer up emo kid... listen to ska!

Tustin High School TMR Drum Major 04-05

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:47 pm

That would be so neat. I would so go out and buy it.. haha.
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:06 pm

That would be really awesome. Not a huge market, but it would be really fun. It would take forever to design the show though, much like it takes forever to design a real show. What would be funny, is if you gave the video game characters this impossible show and they're all zipping around the field at impossible rates, throwing like, 16's on flag, and you had like an all tuba band or somehting. Oh, the possibilities...

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by altohack » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:42 pm

YEAH!
and all depends on how much you practice on your rehearsals, what techniques you use, how many students you have in your band, how many fans (for audience appeals) EVERYTHING
o damn.
wow.
No regrets

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:54 pm

Me and my friend were talking about a handheld digital dot book. You just write in the coordinates and it saves it auto-matically and tells you all the information you need in your dot book. Not a video game exactly, but like a video game it'd be pretty cool!
OHS '01 - '05