So who are you?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

So who are you?

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:12 pm

Just to get some discussion going, post some stuff about yourself.

Hi my name is Mike and I'm a 2nd year Computer Science major at UC Irvine. Besides computer science I'm heavily involved in the UC Irvine Pep/Marching Band. In addition to the band I'm a member of Kappa Kappa Psi which is an honorary band fraternity that provides service to the collegiate bands. We currently have over 200 active chapters across the country and 6 active chapters in California. I'm also a graduate of Rancho Bernardo HS c/o 2001.

Besides computers and music I enjoy making films at the campus film club, playing Counterstrike, spending time with my lady and enjoying college life.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

MCalum

RE: So who are you?

Post by MCalum » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:19 pm

My name is Anthony, I am in my first year of college. I am a music major however, I am not currently involved in any performance groups, but hopefully that will change next semester. Mike I think I've met you before. I am a graduate of Mt. Carmel c/o 2002.

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: RE: So who are you?

Post by nizmo » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:28 pm

MCalum wrote:My name is Anthony, I am in my first year of college. I am a music major however, I am not currently involved in any performance groups, but hopefully that will change next semester. Mike I think I've met you before. I am a graduate of Mt. Carmel c/o 2002.
which anthony are you?

clarinet_j
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by clarinet_j » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:09 pm

Name: Julia
School: Sophomore at Sierra Vista HS
Instrument: Clarinet (5th year)

Stuff: I luv marching band and playing clarinet

Other stuff: I like reading, playing video games (rpgs, ddr, wc3, blah blah blah) going online, playing keepaway from Mario 8-)

um... c/o 2005!!! :P

Zot Zot Zot!!!
05- ~*Completely Insane Anteater Band*("The Sound of The O.C.")
01-05~*Sierra Vista Marching Dons*

Clarinet 5 of 2005 <3

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:12 pm

clarinet_j wrote:rpgs, ddr, wc3
i never thought i'd hear a girl talk about wc3...haha jk

lhsalum
New Recruit
New Recruit

I am...

Post by lhsalum » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:17 pm

Currently a member of the SJSU marching band... Go Spartans!! I'm a Leigh Alumni where I was Section Leader of the Trumpet Section.

Anyone like football? :D

Hostrauser
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:29 am

Name: Phantom Phan (aka Kevin)
School: Foothill HS, Sacramento, CA (Class of 1994)
Instruments: Euphonium, Tuba, Tympani
Job: Computer Tech at a big company in NorCal
Height: 5'9"
Hair color: Purple
Current bumper stickers on car: "Hi, I'm God. Give me your money." and "Hey Goths, enough whining. Just kill yourself."

Wanna know more, just ask. There is no forbidden territory with me. :twisted:

CaptnContra
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptnContra » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:17 am

Name: Eric Peteroski
HighSchool: Valley View High School, Moreno Valley, CA (Class of 1993)
College: Riverside Community College, Riverside, CA (Played in the marching band for 7 seasons; 93, 95, 96, 98, 99, 00, 01)
Instruments: Flute, Tuba
Job: Class "A" Truck Driver
Height: 6'1"
Hair color: Flesh Tone (bald), when I had hair it was dark blond.

I'm currently playing contra with the SoCal Dream Senior Corps, playing in the Moreno Valley Community Band on tuba, and playing with University of Riverside's (UCR) wind ensemble on tuba (I'm a ringer, not a student :mrgreen: ). Next season I'll be marching with RCC again (they've been invited to play in Indianapolis for the 28th annual BOA Grand Nationals as well as the Rose Parade... and its RCC's 25th anniversary).

[UCI]-Mike, Irvine has a great pep band. San Bernardino State U. hired RCC's pep band to play for their basketball games a few seasons ago so we sat across from eachother. Had a blast playing back and forth. Hopefully SBSU will hire us again and we'll get a chance to meet and play for eachother!

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:39 am

CaptnContra wrote:Name: Eric Peteroski
HighSchool: Valley View High School, Moreno Valley, CA (Class of 1993)
College: Riverside Community College, Riverside, CA (Played in the marching band for 7 seasons; 93, 95, 96, 98, 99, 00, 01)
Instruments: Flute, Tuba
Job: Class "A" Truck Driver
Height: 6'1"
Hair color: Flesh Tone (bald), when I had hair it was dark blond.

I'm currently playing contra with the SoCal Dream Senior Corps, playing in the Moreno Valley Community Band on tuba, and playing with University of Riverside's (UCR) wind ensemble on tuba (I'm a ringer, not a student :mrgreen: ). Next season I'll be marching with RCC again (they've been invited to play in Indianapolis for the 28th annual BOA Grand Nationals as well as the Rose Parade... and its RCC's 25th anniversary).

[UCI]-Mike, Irvine has a great pep band. San Bernardino State U. hired RCC's pep band to play for their basketball games a few seasons ago so we sat across from eachother. Had a blast playing back and forth. Hopefully SBSU will hire us again and we'll get a chance to meet and play for eachother!
We were supposed to play this past weekend at SBSU but it didn't go through. Fully paid away trip including hotel but SBSU has some sort of rule that didn't allow us to go.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

RHSGuardDiva

CappyC is back!

Post by RHSGuardDiva » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:24 pm

Hey All! My name is Cara. Im currently a Colorguard Instructor at a NEW Local HS. I marched with Armijo High for 4 years where i was colorguard captain and flag captain. Tried InMotion and Blue Devils WG's, but a knee injury wouldnt allow me to continue :( Soon to be a Criminal Justice major at NapaValley College, and working at a little gift shop in our mall to help pay for it.
I also enjoy spending time with my friends, my boyfriend of 2 years and playing around on the computer (Sims, Everquest). Shopping is also a favorite.

Cara

CaptnContra
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by CaptnContra » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:19 pm

Have you checked out TSO (The Sims Online) yet? The beta is out and its incredible... sadly all of my freetime is going to be sucked up by that damn game now...

Ryan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Ryan » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:26 pm

Name: Ryan
School: Mayfair High School
Grade: 12
Instruments: Trumpet, Xylophone, etc.
Height: 5'6"

I am the current drum major of the Mayfair Monsoon Marching Corps (spin mace). I play tennis on the Varsity team at school. I'm a Christian, IM or e-mail me for anything else.

nizmo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nizmo » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:02 pm

Ryan wrote:Name: Ryan
Grade: 12
you're young for a senior...

Ryan
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Ryan » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:06 pm

you're young for a senior...
yah i know i skipped a grade in elementary school

queen_colin

me me me

Post by queen_colin » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:54 pm

weeelll, i am currently a senior at fairfield high school and a the captain of the rifle line. this will be my 6th year spinning and i intend to audition for the Glassmen in 16 days..so yay thats basically me.
"i strongly believe that the visual arts are of vast importance. of course i could be prejudiced, i am a visual art."
-kermit the frog