Blink 182 review

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Blink 182 review

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:40 am

Normally I wouldn't post reviews but after listening to the new album I just felt like speaking about it. Most people have known Blink 182 since they busted out on the scene back with Enema of the State. To others like me they will always be just "another Poway punk band". Over the course of their albums they've always had the happy pop sound until this album. I always thought that Box Car Racer was done in order to separate the positive sounding Blink from the catharthic and negative release vibe of BCR. This new album from Blink is really more emotional and serious than previous albums. It contains more darker themes and even dips into political expressions against the war. As I was listening I detected hints of The Ataris and Dashboard.

This new album is Blink 182 but it shows a maturation within the group. Other than their single Feeling This, I wouldn't pick this album up as one of those feel good albums like their previous albums.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

Hoshwa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Hoshwa » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:30 pm

i used to like them, then my tastes changed (meaning i like better music now :lol: ) and i really cant listen to them anymore.

i have seen the new video tho, and it's really different than their super old chesire cat and the buddha albums. and even alot different than the enema of the state cd.

i dont know where i'm going with this...but...... listen to ska!!! :lol:

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:48 pm

I got there new album.. and I really like it.. I think its an inprovement from there last album.. there songs are more emotional and I can relate to them.. I really like it.
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

lordjedediah
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by lordjedediah » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:28 pm

hartguadgirl

Post by hartguadgirl » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:35 am

i have always loved blink182! but i really think that this album shows that the band has matured. there is more emotion into it.
pageantry: $800
dance shoes: $50
Abby doing the white man dance on an early monday morning: priceless!