Matrix Revolutions (spoilers beware!)

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

like the new Matrix?

I hated the new Matrix
15%
thought it was ok
54%
I loved the new Matrix
31%

Total votes: 13

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Matrix Revolutions (spoilers beware!)

Post by split5050 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:23 am

Um what were your thoughts on this film? My being a film major has made me completely bias, so what were your thoughts on this flick?
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

clusknay
Rookie
Rookie

Okay

Post by clusknay » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:15 am

There were parts of the film...(and i'm sure you're going to elaborate with regard to the fact that you're a film major), which you could tell were just there for "filler" purposes. The action scenes though...Man, they continue to impress, the invasion, "SMITH"...SIK. Didn't like the ending at all. AND WHERE WAS MY RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE????

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:50 am

I liked how the ending was open ended and left for you to think about the future. I thought Trinity's death scene was a bit cheesy. I was about ready to yell out "DIE ALREADY!!!" Since I just got done with my computer science midterms all I could think about when the Indian program family was on screen was their relation in terms of computer science terms. In one of my computer science classes we just got done talking about inheirtance, polymorphism, sub and inner classes, scoping and code modulation. There was also the topic of program deletion which keeps computers efficient when it comes to memory. The Smiths 2.0 I can relate to being the memory recollection function in the Java Virtual Machine.

But as the thread author stated we all have our biases. Mine happens to be of a computer scientist.
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

RifleLova
Veteran
Veteran

hoping to see it

Post by RifleLova » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:07 pm

i guess i shouldn't have read these posts or something...man! haven't seen it yet but i guess Trinity's gone? Eh i dunno...i wanna see it but i'm not a big fan or anything. Im way more excited for LoTr!!! Whoooooo!!!Legolas!!
Pearl Madison: I'm only human.
Leland: How come people only say that when they've done something wrong?

split5050
Rookie
Rookie

Post by split5050 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:43 pm

My opinion is that this was supposed to be the last Matrix...correct? Well if this was the last Matrix then they needed to end it. I know that when I saw it opening night, no one in the theatre clapped or anything. I think that the expectations were way too high for the third and final Matrix.

AS for having filler and "Dead" moments you are right. I also was ready to jump through the screen and put Trinity out of her misery. I thought that there were many scenes that just lagged. Almost like they didnt have enough story to make the third, but drug it along to squeeze out a few more million. The problem is that they already had the film "In the Can" when Reloaded came out. I think that they were more focused on the marketing of the second film and consequently took scenes that should have been added into the thrid.

Overall I thought that Revolutions had some great special effects. There may have been a little too much use of CGI and mini model, but overall great Cinematography. I thought that the music of Revolutions was the best of the three, but the original is yet to be surpassed.

At the end of the movie, I felt almost disappointed. I felt that way because I thought that the Matrix was gonna be over. But now I have this idea in my head that there will be a Matrix "Resurection." I know that it sounds corny, and I doubt anyone will go to see it after this last one. I think that they played the "Jesus Card" too much. I found many parrallels to Christ and the religion. Not that I do not like that, its just that when you go to a Christian University you tend to notice things like that.
Derrick Tousley
Rancho Cuc. H.S. (01-03)
SCV 03, 04, 07
Corona 06

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:49 am

I just saw the movie this evening...

Everything that happened in that film had a purpose (no relation intended).

I agree with Trinity's death scene...just die. Heh...she ain't going anywhere..literally. And only fitting that Neo die...but if not him to die, how would Smith be deleted from the Matrix?

I do not think they could have ended the movie in a better way.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

jrichmond68
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jrichmond68 » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:17 pm

I wanted Neo to "kill -9" at the end of the movie, I really did.

AND WHERE WAS RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE??? I was so mad when they played that Latin(the language, not the hispanic countries)/techo crap. WTF was that?

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

wow...

Post by shorts » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:43 pm

i didn't think so many people would like this movie. a group of my friends and i went to go see it and at the end we all looked at each other and laughed. we could not figure out what in the world had just happened. our winter percussion is doing "the Matrix: Unplugged" or something like that this year, i hope it doesn't suck as much at this movie did.

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:51 am

I thought the water fight scene with Smith was awesome. That alone was worth the $7 my bf paid... I never could've imagined such a scene, imagined seeing such a thing, and it was amazing to behold.

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:08 pm

I saw the new Matrix yesturday and Honestley I didnt think it was that great.. I think the First one was the best and they just seem to keep getting worse.. So yea.. I didnt really like it.
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:28 pm

I finally saw it. I didn't really like the way Trinity died either.

sonya
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sonya » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:08 pm

Has anyone seen the Animatrix? I just started watching them, they're absolutely amazing.

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:31 pm

I saw it today. I think that the ending was good. I like how everything finally came together. But I thought it was dum the way they killed off Trinity. It was so un...whats the word...cool. they should have done it where like Smith kills her, and Neo gets his revenge. Or something like that. It was just so unclimactic the way she died. Other than that, it was totally the bomb movie.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:51 pm

Personal wrote:I thought it was dum the way they killed off Trinity. It was so un...whats the word...cool. they should have done it where like Smith kills her, and Neo gets his revenge
Well lets not forget Neo never won the fight...
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Matrix

Post by altohack » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:18 pm

I watched it today
Good: not as many kissing scenes as the second one (i think I'm still pretty immature)
Bad: majority of fighting was gun fights :-/ I like hand to hand combat better.

If you guys want to read something interesting dealing with the matrix equation stuff, go http://www.ebzlo.com/essays.php?id=276&action=read
No regrets