Joke

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Joke

Post by altohack » Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:25 pm

Okay you guys know about the pledge of allegiance controversy... "under God" etc.
so robin williams, the genius that he is, goes, we should replace it to "One Nation Under Canada" :lol:

that's pretty funny eh?
it was in the LA times :-)
No regrets

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:28 pm

Makes sense, we are under Canada. I've read that somewhere too.

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:23 pm

I appriciate Canada, a lot of people judge Canada. I wish I was Canadian. If I tell people I'm Canadian will they care?
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

TrumpetsRule17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TrumpetsRule17 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:39 pm

nope
i dont get why people always make random jokes about canada...
USC c/o 08
Arcadia Band vp 03-04
Arcadia Trumpet sl 03-04
Arcadia c/o2004

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:09 am

Come on now. What is wrong with the Canadians? They have free Health Care, Beautiful Landscape, and...THE MOUNTIES. America needs Mounties, and then everything will just be alright.
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

MsNikki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MsNikki » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:28 am

I was walking out of my ethics class yesterday when I heard a girl say, "I don't think Canadians are real Americans. I don't like Canadians. They care about hockey more than they do about education. That's why you can tell a Canadian person in America, they aren't as smart as we are. Like so&so in class. He's Canadian. I don't like him" I just laughed and kept walking, because I wasn't going to waste my time with such a stupid person.
World Of Pageantry Champion!

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:32 pm

Nothing's wrong with Canadians. It's just a fact that America is under Canada. And that girl, man she's dumb. I'm sorry you had to be in the vicinity of such people.

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:24 pm

LoL.. I get it.. lol
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

IsnipeWithAknife
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by IsnipeWithAknife » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:46 pm

there's a quote from britney spears saying how her job is fun it lets her travel to many overseas countries such as canada!

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:58 am

IsnipeWithAknife wrote:there's a quote from britney spears saying how her job is fun it lets her travel to many overseas countries such as canada!
Thus proves that fame and fortune do not bring the knowlege. Coming back thought, what was with that? there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Canadians. I know people who are dumber than what that person said, and they have know reason to be, they don't watch hockey. Not saying that Canadians are dumb tho, cause they certainly are not. I think that they are plotting to take over America soon...
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

dumb.

Post by shorts » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:09 pm

this is really dumb. canadians talk about americans more than americans talk about canadians. why is it that big of a deal that people talk about canadians? i'm not saying that i do, but it's not like we need to worship the ground that they walk on. they aren't higher people, so i don't think they deserve more respect than anyone else. people say they don't like mexicans, blacks, asians, etc., what difference does it make that they don't like canadians?

altohack
Section Leader
Section Leader

Canada

Post by altohack » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:25 pm

I'm not trying to diss them guys, I have canadian citizenship... part canadian myself.

but yeah, do they make sooo much more fun of us then we do them.
they have TV shows that are put out there especially to mock us.
pure stupidity.
No regrets

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:32 pm

Everyone makes fun of us, in case you haven't noticed. That's cause everyone hates us, cause they're all jealous! :P But seriously, the U.S. gets made fun of a lot, and I don't seee anything wrong with poking fun at other countries.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:03 pm

There was a debate on this very topic in my english lecture the other day.

Part 1: When you live in a country that is the only superpower, and you really begin to look at it, it is only fair that we get made fun of.

I was going to post this when the conversation was at the Canadians...so here it is now. and if you have seen Bowling for Columbine, you'll notice this is right from the movie.

Part 2: Alot of people in the US own guns...and because of this, there is a great fear that anyone can be killed randomly by them. Thats mainly due to the media, but still, everyone is fearful of people breaking into thier houses, or getting shot in a dark allyway, or some thing that is not a good thing to experience.

But lets take Canada and put it under the same test. Alot of people there own guns, and there are alot of people in Canada as well. But you could walk into any Canadian city and find that in a residential area, 90% of all doors would be unlocked whether someone was home or not. In fact, there are hardly any gun crimes there. There is a city across the river from Detroit who's sheriff could only remember one muder or gun-related incident in the last 10 years. and you know what? The person responsible had just come from Detroit trying to excape the police.

Same deal in Mexico (maybe not as lax as Canada, though). So why do other nation's make fun of the US? Look at us...we are all so afraid that something might happen to anyone that we sometimes scurry around just so that we can feel safe. Just think...there have been so many wars or violent incidents by the US over the last 30 years...if not longer.

Its understandable though. being the only superpower, ever other nation feels compelled to bring us down. They say alot of words, angry words, and they make alot of jokes.

But when you look at the state the country is in...well, then you see what they make fun of.

Thats just a little something that I'd thought I'd say being that the conversation was around Canada and other countries making fun of the US.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007