Old score sheets and results from Long Beach

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Foothiller

Old score sheets and results from Long Beach

Post by Foothiller » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:16 pm

I spent 4 years at Grossmont when Jim Nichols was director. That was way back in the mid-60s. Now as GHS alumni coordinator, the current director has given me over 50 years of band scrapbooks, photo albums, news paper clippings & photos.....you get the picture. Most of it makes sense and is filed, however I would like to know if there is....and who would have it, a complete listing year by year of the placing and awards that were won. I have a few plaques including two Mayors Trophies, but in 1963 we finished in 5th place, but did we get a trophy?, and where did we (or anyone else) place in '64..or '65? Is there a complete listing of where each band placed for each year, and who might have it.
Perhaps it would help for you to know that I am in the process of doing a pictorial history of the Instrumental music dept. from our beginnings in 1923 to the present day. Our information regarding Long Beach is incomplete outside of the Sweepstakes and Mayors Trophy's. Just want to fill in the missing years. Thanks...

Foothiller

Re: Old score sheets and results from Long Beach

Post by Foothiller » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Thank you for your information. I already had what you sent, but I appreciate your time and energy. I have been in contact with SCSBOA and they have provided me with some "re-cap" sheets, but not for all years, still missing a few....so the search continues. Foothiller.