World of Pageantry

World of Pageantry

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:54 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Here’s a list of some of the new laws California passed that go into effect in 2012…

AB 22 - Employers cannot use consumer credit history for employment purposes.

AB 144 - Gun enthusiasts can no longer display unloaded handguns in public, often called “open carry.”

AB 155 - Amazon and other Internet-only companies without brick and mortar stores in California must begin collecting sales taxes for online purchases starting Sept. 15.

AB 183 - Alcohol can no longer be purchased using self-checkout lanes at stores.

SB 332 - Landlords may ban smoking in rental housing.

SB 420 - Sales of certain synthetic marijuana compounds known as “spice” or “K2” are prohibited. (Mainly amusing because of the bill number)

SB 746 - No one under the age of 18 is allowed to use a tanning booth.

SB 917 - Live pets cannot be sold on any street, parking lot, carnival or boardwalk.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:15 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: Upland, CA
Hostrauser wrote:
AB 155 - Amazon and other Internet-only companies without brick and mortar stores in California must begin collecting sales taxes for online purchases starting Sept. 15.
This is SO STUPID it is beyond belief! These companies will just leave the state, many aready have! This law can only work if all 50 states and every country in the world is included... like that will ever happen?


Hostrauser wrote:
AB 183 - Alcohol can no longer be purchased using self-checkout lanes at stores.
Why was that ever allowed in the first place?


Hostrauser wrote:
SB 746 - No one under the age of 18 is allowed to use a tanning booth.
Did not know that this was even a problem... do we outlaw the sun next?


Hostrauser wrote:
SB 917 - Live pets cannot be sold on any street, parking lot, carnival or boardwalk.
Do you mean no more live goldfish to be won at carnivals? Gee wizz...

_________________
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:09 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Bandmaster wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
AB 155 - Amazon and other Internet-only companies without brick and mortar stores in California must begin collecting sales taxes for online purchases starting Sept. 15.
This is SO STUPID it is beyond belief! These companies will just leave the state, many aready have! This law can only work if all 50 states and every country in the world is included... like that will ever happen?

Amazon.com is going to leave the state? How's that going to happen? :?


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:22 pm 
Offline
Section Leader
Section Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:00 pm
Posts: 826
Location: United Socialist State of Kalifornia
Hostrauser wrote:
Bandmaster wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
AB 155 - Amazon and other Internet-only companies without brick and mortar stores in California must begin collecting sales taxes for online purchases starting Sept. 15.
This is SO STUPID it is beyond belief! These companies will just leave the state, many aready have! This law can only work if all 50 states and every country in the world is included... like that will ever happen?

Amazon.com is going to leave the state? How's that going to happen? :?


they already did earlier this year from San Jose CA to Seattle WA...

[urlhttp://www.amazon.com/Locations-Careers/b?ie=UTF8&node=239366011[/url]

_________________
Truth is not a theory..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:50 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:46 am
Posts: 7936
Location: West Allis, WI
Missing the point. I have an aunt-in-law that's worked for Amazon in WA for years (they've always had a larger presence up there).

The point is this only affects online transactions. Amazon has never had "in-person" stores. How is Amazon going to "leave"? Not allow people from CA to log on to their website? Moving staffing and work-force is different from affecting customer transactions.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:29 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:00 am
Posts: 648
Nation wide there will be over 40,000 new laws that will begin. HHHmmm...odds say that 40,000 of anything there will be a percentage of QUESTIONABLE/idiotic things. The PRICE WE PAY TO LIVE IN A BEAUTIFUL STATE is a high percentage of the QUESTIONABLE/IDITOTIC laws will be in our BEAUTIFUL STATE.

I know..."Paul, if ya don't like it ... leave it." Didn't say "I don't like California." What I am saying is that the 40,000 new laws nation wide for the MOST "FREE" NATION in the world is SCARY!!!! Didn't know "we" were so "stupid" or lacked common sense to need 40,000 new laws.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45819570/ns/us_news-life/


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:26 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:41 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: Upland, CA
Hostrauser wrote:
Missing the point. I have an aunt-in-law that's worked for Amazon in WA for years (they've always had a larger presence up there).

The point is this only affects online transactions. Amazon has never had "in-person" stores. How is Amazon going to "leave"? Not allow people from CA to log on to their website? Moving staffing and work-force is different from affecting customer transactions.

It seems you havn't been paying attention to the news since this bill passed...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/29/technology/california_amazon_associates/index.htm

_________________
Dave Schaafsma
Pageantry Webmaster


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:46 pm
Posts: 369
Location: Caldwell, ID.
Unless.....
You're in a right to work state, where it seems that anything's fair game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 am 
Offline
Veteran
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:34 pm
Posts: 723
Location: Salinas, CA
Amazon is just going to have to get used to the idea that they will have to collect the sales tax. More states are going to jump on to the bandwagon to increase (or jsut recover) sales tax revenue from the online entities. What is Amazon going to do? Drop all their associates. The writing is on the wall, Amazon.

_________________
Be good to your friends
Be good to strangers
be good to yourself


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Year, New Laws
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:21 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:58 pm
Posts: 3598
Location: Escondido, Ca
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

_________________
Go read "Ishmael" a novel by Daniel Quinn. It will literally change your life.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
  http://www.worldofpageantry.com Copyright © 1996 - 2006 Email:  admin@worldofpageantry.com  

Site design and maintenance by Dave Schaafsma at Dave's Web Dynamics