For Band Guys...

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

JohnnyffX
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JohnnyffX » Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:52 pm

oh as to why i like them is because most of them are nicer and cuter as opposed to the band girls they are nice but not so many of them are pretty and attractive but the new uniform for this year for guard is DROOL WORTHY

Personal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Personal » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:49 am

JohnnyffX wrote:oh as to why i like them is because most of them are nicer and cuter as opposed to the band girls they are nice but not so many of them are pretty and attractive but the new uniform for this year for guard is DROOL WORTHY
On the cuter thing...I disagree. I had most of my Girlfriends come out of band, because I could relate more to them. However, if given the chance to go out with certain guard members, then yes, I would have. It is just that some are a little to high maintenence for my Personal liking. But hey, that's just me. And, besides, the tight outfits look nice...sometimes... :wink:
Conan: "I really don't think you're that bad of a guy..."

Salesman: "Oh but I am...if you'll remember I just tried to sell you Baboon Adrenaline."

MoophoniumMan
Veteran
Veteran

Its not the "Band" guys...

Post by MoophoniumMan » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:28 pm

From what i've observed, its not really the band guys w/ color guard girls more than its DRUMLINE GUYS W? COLOR GUARD GIRLS. I dont get it. Soemthing about being on the drum line somehow makes a guy hot. And something about a girl being in guard makes them hot. And they both think each other are hot, so they go out. Band is just there. IT's not really hot. I really agree with the person who previously posted that its like a family thing. That is very true. You're already in band with the other person, so they're not as hot, but if they are in another branch of the whole band shebang, then somehow it makes you want them more... Okay I'll stop before i confuse myself[/quote]

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:32 pm

Okay two guys on my drumline are attractive in my opinion. So it's usually more band/guard hookups.
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

MoophoniumMan
Veteran
Veteran

or maybe its...

Post by MoophoniumMan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 6:24 am

Or maybe it's the other way around. Guys think that they are hot so they think that band is not good enough for them and that they need to be in drum line. And the same for color guard girls.

Well that's just how it is in my band.

And another reason why you probably see more band/guard relationships rather than band/band is because the guard is there to look all pretty and stuff. Think of it this way. In parades, color guard has to wear makeup, and band girls are not allowed to wear make up. That should tell you something...

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Its not the "Band" guys...

Post by shorts » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:21 pm

vmhs_euphonium wrote: Something about being on the drum line somehow makes a guy hot.
word.

MoophoniumMan
Veteran
Veteran

Re: its not the "band" guys

Post by MoophoniumMan » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:16 pm

word.
So are you saying you agree or that you think drumline guys are hot?

saugusbandgeek
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by saugusbandgeek » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:11 am

Our drummers are like the ugliest people on the face of the planet. As for the guard girls I think it's because they have lives. Most of the girls in band at my school are so busy with keeping their GPA over 4.0 that they not easy to approach. Then again, that seems to be changing the past couple of years we have a lot of band/band relationships and they seem to last much longer than the band/guard relationships.
Saugus High School Marching Band
2000-2004

TMR Quint Kid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TMR Quint Kid » Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:39 pm

Although it varies from school to school, it seems the it's more of drumline guys liking colorguard girls. I think it can be becuz of multiple things, since we go to competitions together and see each other more we have less trouble talking to them cuz they are sorta like really close friends, it's usually the DL and CG becuz on avg those are the sections that are very mono-gender(i think that's a word, :P ), and a wild reasoning might be that becuz they are both judged seperately that they can relate more. (There is always the obvious answer that they are both the best looking sections :P :wink: )

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:05 pm

The guard girls rock. Some of our band girls are major drama queens.

Zeta

Post by Zeta » Sun Nov 09, 2003 4:48 pm

Some of our band girls are major drama queens.
That might be the reason why there aren't as many band/band couples, I don't know anyone that likes a drama queen. But then again, there is only one band/guard couple at my school, and the female is in the band, I guess we have an astereotypical group or something... or we're just a bunch of freaks.
It's a matter of course

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:33 pm

We have... *counts* 9 guard/band relationships, although that number changes a lot. Some of them are stable though.

MoophoniumMan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoophoniumMan » Mon Nov 10, 2003 4:14 pm

@my school, the drama queens are in guard. The girls in band aren't quite so... um, how should i put this... exciting... But when you have several drama queens in one group, like my school's guard, it gets very "interesting".