AIDS Walk Los Angeles - Will you sponsor me?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

dr
Drum Major
Drum Major

AIDS Walk Los Angeles - Will you sponsor me?

Post by dr » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:13 am

AWLA_11.JPG
AWLA_11.JPG (33.45 KiB) Viewed 3627 times
AWLAsigline.jpg
AWLAsigline.jpg (4.81 KiB) Viewed 3616 times
Hello dearest friends,

On Sunday, October 16, I will be volunteering for AIDS Walk Los Angeles. This marks my 25th year supporting this cause, first as a walker and now as a volunteer. I have the honor of being a totaller, helping to total all the donations and pledges to arrive at the ultimate total of money gathered at this event to fight HIV. I am also committed to raising funds for this cause myself. I am hoping you can help by sponsoring me. I am attaching a letter that describes the event and its purpose as well as additional information about how you can go about sponsoring me and help raise funds to combat HIV infection and someday find a cure.

For those of you who don't keep up on the latest news regarding HIV and AIDS, there is a patient in Germany who is reported to have been cured of AIDS. He is the first. Also stricken with leukemia, he was allowed by his doctor to undergo an experimental treatment primarily aimed at treating his leukemia. The treatment involved completely replacing his blood using the blood of an individual who was determined to have blood resistant to the HIV virus. Blood tests after the treatment revealed that the patient had no signs of HIV in his system. Now, years later, there is still no sign of HIV infection in the patient. HIV treatment specialsts have a great deal of hope that a cure for HIV is now merely a matter of time. The blood transfusion treatment is extremely expensive and it is not realistic to expect it to be a common treatment procedure. Still, the result offers great hope that a different treatment will be found to finally cure or prevent HIV infection some day - a hope that seemed out of reach until now. Your donations and support are needed to make this hope a reality.

If you already know you would like to donate, you can make an online credit card donation as my sponsor over a secure server by following this link:
http://aidswalklosangeles2011.kintera.org/dennisrodda

Time is short, with the Walk less than two weeks away. If you want to sponsor me and think it might be too late to do so, let me assure you that I can continue to collect sponsorships and donations after the walk, so long as I forward them to the AWLA office no later than November 16. Online credit card donations can continue until that date, as well.

Please consider sponsoring me for this worthy cause.

Dennis P. Rodda
Attachments
AWLA Letter 2011.pdf
AIDS Walk Solicitation Letter 2011
(82.09 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Semper Musicus
800M miles/hour! It's the law!