corp/guard people wanted to perform in large nightclub near

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

nopEda

corp/guard people wanted to perform in large nightclub near

Post by nopEda » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,

I work in a large nightclub just north of Atlanta and we're hoping to do some dubstep parties once a month on Tuesday nights, second Tuesday of the month starting in June. It would be awesome if we could get some corp people to do some performing. The idea is to make the stage like a public park in a weird world, with people walking through and stopping to play something now and then, and guard people doing some guard and dance stuff. The drums and guard stuff should be blended in to look like it's part of everyday life the way Stomp works it in, and any Stomp type ideas using everyday stuff for equipment in addition to traditional drums and guard stuff would be great. We want to have some featured prepared parts as well as adlib stuff, mostly small groups and individual and duet type things... It's a chance to blend corp/winter guard ideas with electronic music and present it in a large nightclub environment, so it's not only an opportunity for corp people to try different ideas but also for nightclub people to get some exposure to what corp and guard have to offer. Any help with finding people who want to get involved would be very much appreciated! It will be at Wild Bill's in Duluth, GA. There is no age limit...at least you can't be too old. If parents want to do it with their kids it would be great, but remember it's an adult atmosphere and there will be much profanity. The first show will be a Skrillex party and all major performances will be to Skrillex music so if you want to do this please get familiar with it if you're not already and think about routines you can do to it, and between songs as segues. Doors open at 9:00 and the party will start at 11:30 going til 1:00, beginning the second Tuesday in June (I hope :-) My apologies if this post was inappropriate for this forum.

Thank you for any help or suggestions!

David "Killer" Harrison
noped@bellsouth.net
marched with JSU Southerners and Chapter V in the previous century