music.

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:49 pm

I like just about everything. It's really weird....I like anything with a good beat or something thats horribly (horribly good) catchy. Lets see the last few songs on my playlist were

Black Eyed Peas-Where is the Love
Nine Days-End Up Alone
3 Doors Down-Here Without you
Beatles-Hey Jude
Everclear (OK, it says Everclear, but I really dont think it is and I have no idea who the artist is)-Video Killed the Radio Star
Michael Jackson-Black or White
Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:56 pm

Everclear (OK, it says Everclear, but I really dont think it is and I have no idea who the artist is)-Video Killed the Radio Star
No way! That's an 80's song, unless you're thinking of the 1998 remake done by The Presidents Of The United States Of America for the movie "The Wedding Singer".

The original song was done by a group called The Buggles, who I believe featured a young Hans Zimmer. Their claim to fame, besides that song, is that the video for that song was the first music video to ever be shown on then brand-new MTV in the early 1980s.
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:59 pm

Cole167888 wrote:Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody
Heck yeah! I love that song. It's kind of sad really, my friend Cassie and I know all the words and everyone else thinks we're weird but whatever!

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:19 pm

hahaha! You no wierd, That is one of my most favorite songs. I too know every single word. HAHAHA!!! Yay to queen!!!
OHS '01 - '05

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:11 pm

I remember I heard Bohemian Rhapsody the first time when my mum was playing it. It was a studio song, so it had some extra effects right in that middle bit. I love that bit!!!
That is what makes the song for me, then the steady decline afterwords...its one of the best songs of all times.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

apirateforlife
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by apirateforlife » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:24 pm

i like the music from PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN. but i also like
simple plan, stacie orrico, and other people.
"yo ho ho and a bottle of rum is my motto"

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:24 pm

I also love the song "stairway to heaven"....great song...
OHS '01 - '05

BariSx_G
Veteran
Veteran

Post by BariSx_G » Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:47 pm

I canNOT stand country. Ugh, it's too....eesh. I can't stand rap either, except for some. It sucks though because I always hear rap or hip-hop somewhere. We love oldies too, so that's great. BTW, what was the name of the song that Corky Romano sang while driving in his yellow Miata in the beginning????

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

el musico.

Post by shorts » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:56 pm

i like everything. that doesn't mean i like all rap, or all rock, or all country, or all....you get the point. most of the time i listen to rock, but i can stand almost anything. i don't like hardcore country like the old guys, but like faith hill and stuff that's cool. yep.

oh yeah for the people that said they like instrumental stuff or whatever check out this band called 40 Watt Hype. It's my english teacher's band and their stuff is really kickin. it's kinda like rap i guess, but they incorporate guitars, drums, and horns. you might be able to find some of their stuff on kazaa, but if not go to 40watthype.com and listen to some demos. that is all.
Last edited by shorts on Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Starky » Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:03 pm

I like Drum Corps, Ska, and heavy metal
There is no reality in the absence of observation.