music.

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Care_Bear
New Recruit
New Recruit

music.

Post by Care_Bear » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:31 pm

who went to the stacie orricoconcert? it was saturday the 4th.

what kinda music do you listen to?

i listen to all kinda music from Disney to Country to Rock.

I hAd SoMe LaUgHs ThIs SuMmEr DoN't RuIn It FoR mE NoW
The way I see it, you can either take life full in the face or you can run from it!

Tuba_Chick

music huh?

Post by Tuba_Chick » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:41 pm

well, most music except rap and country...i like some rap, but otherwise, no rap or country for me!!!!

Tuba_Chick 8-)
IM ME!!! YOU MESS WITH ME, I TAKE U DOWN!!
:nenr: :stupid:

best smilies i could find for our field, show, lol.....
:viking: :pharoah: :king: :knight:

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:54 pm

I listen to absolutley everything.
You should see all the music files on my computer...you can put no order to them whatsoever. I've got so many of so much...
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Care_Bear
New Recruit
New Recruit

yeah

Post by Care_Bear » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:03 am

yeah, my folder of music is now full of songs. my brother is like, " Crap(changed) you have to many songs... and time to get them!"
The way I see it, you can either take life full in the face or you can run from it!

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:16 am

I don't even dowload that much...
My computer can just suck the songs off of CD's so whenever someone has a CD laying around, I just pop in and take the songs I want.
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:34 pm

I like pretty much everything but country. I don't know what it is about country, but I just can't stand it. unfortunately I have to work at the KZLA Country Bash this Saturday. Sometimes working at concerts is fun but I hate the country ones!

Lizzy05
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lizzy05 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:15 pm

I listen to everything minus rap. Sorry, but I just DO NOT like rap. Everything else I'm fine with.
OHS '01 - '05

Care_Bear
New Recruit
New Recruit

hummm

Post by Care_Bear » Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:13 pm

i think i download to much... :D

LovableSheep
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LovableSheep » Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:09 pm

O'sideband_lizzy wrote:I listen to everything minus rap. Sorry, but I just DO NOT like rap. Everything else I'm fine with.
I don't like rap either.

arcadiatrumpette
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by arcadiatrumpette » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:17 pm

anything and everything.

seriously, i'll give anything a shot. however, im not that into the whole 'i love you baby gurl, i'd do anything for you, you can be my wifey, i'll be your pimp daddy' or whatever they sing about, nor am i into people with no talent whatsoever. and i'm sorry if i offend anybody, but ashanti has no talent whatsoever. you're totally welcome to change my mind, however.

i TOTALLY dig silverchair. they're the BEST band around. the way daniel johns blends orchestral stuff with rock music is just absolutely delicious. try "across the night" or "greatest view" for a little taste. frontman daniel johns did not alter his voice in any way in those songs, their live shows are amazing, and he writes and produces most if not all of the songs on their album 'diorama.'

i'm also pretty into electronic, mostly trance and a little house. not the biggest progressive fan. try a bit of bt - lullaby for gaia or andain - beautiful things to see what i'm talking about.

how many people have heard "simply being loved (somnambulist)" by bt on the radio? that's a good one too. :-D
q: what was dr. beat before he became a doctor?

a: a metro gnome!!!

----
diggadiggadiggadiggadadaDUMMMM

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:36 pm

arcadiatrumpette wrote: im not that into the whole 'i love you baby gurl, i'd do anything for you, you can be my wifey, i'll be your pimp daddy' or whatever they sing about, nor am i into people with no talent whatsoever. and i'm sorry if i offend anybody, but ashanti has no talent whatsoever. you're totally welcome to change my mind, however.
Ditto.

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:55 pm

I like everything. I don't like much country, but there are some country songs that get me once in a while, like that Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow song, and that remake that Uncle Cracker did. I think those are kinda country-ish, right?

To talk about an individual song, I'm sure most people have heard "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne. I thought it was a cool song when it first came out, and I thought it was pretty funny. But now it's overplayed (just like every other big hit) and it gets annoying. I still like the video though. Oh yeah, and a lot of people in my band section like to make fun of other people by singing, "(insert name here)'s mom has got it going on". Yeah, some people find it funny, others just find it annoying and they get pissed off.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

sabrebatgirl
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by sabrebatgirl » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:09 pm

arcadiatrumpette wrote: i'm also pretty into electronic, mostly trance and a little house. not the biggest progressive fan. try a bit of bt - lullaby for gaia or andain - beautiful things to see what i'm talking about.
I love electronic. I think trance is my favorite genre of music, biut it's hard to say, I change my mind a lot.

Trumpet Man 05
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Trumpet Man 05 » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:41 pm

I'm open to all kinds of music. I'm not particularly fond of country or rap music, but I keep a few Ludacris songs around so I can make fun of rap music with my friends.

I enjoy mostly rock, classical, jazz, pop, new wave, and techno. Stuff that still uses musical instruments. :wink:
~Psalm 150~

OAS AAS LLS

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:43 pm

Trumpet Man 05 wrote:I'm open to all kinds of music. I'm not particularly fond of country or rap music, but I keep a few Ludacris songs around so I can make fun of rap music with my friends.

I enjoy mostly rock, classical, jazz, pop, new wave, and techno. Stuff that still uses musical instruments. :wink:
Here at my college dorm...my hall has really good room parties.
What do I mean? I mean that with such a range of music I can so have parties every night in my room...cause I got THE BEST speakers.