Homecoming

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

MCclarinetdude
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MCclarinetdude » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:49 pm

formermarcher wrote:
MCclarinetdude wrote:Because of my school's late homecoming, my band won't be able to perform at The Vista Field Tournament this year. I'm fine with it though. I think school events should be more of a priority over band events.
Did you guys have to reschedule because of homecoming, or was it already like that?
cause if ya had to reshcedule...I'd be a little amazed.
Well, I think we were planning to go to that tournament near the end of the last school year, but I guess during the summer we found out that homecoming landed on the same day. So I guess that we did reschedule. I'm not that disappointed. I would have been more amazed if it was a decision made like a week before the competition, but we were warned well in advance that we would not be participating at the Vista tournament. I think that our director understands that Homecoming is an important social event of high school, and that it's probably not worth it to go to a comp. and miss Homecoming. A lot of people look foward to homecoming, and I think he doesn't want us to be deprived of that experience. Anyways, I'm actually happy that were not doing the tournament, because I actually have a chance of getting a date this year for the dance...

You know, In replace of that tournament, we were planning to go to SCSBOA Championships, but that apparently didn't work out.
Mt. Carmel c/o 2004

The Sun Never Sets...

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

homecoming.

Post by shorts » Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:58 pm

our homecoming parade, game, rally, and dance are all on the 17th. for the parade we have to march 3 miles through town and end up at the stadium where we will then play for the homecoming rally. then we have to go to the homecoming game and play stupid pep tunes. then we have to go to the dance because the band is hosting it this year, so i'll probably be out until like midnight. all to be back at school at 5:30 saturday morning for the visalia band review. good times.

Shorty41
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Shorty41 » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:46 pm

Rubidoux High Schools Homecoming is Tomorrow (10-10).. We have to do a homecoming parade and all that good stuff...
Rubidoux HS: Bass 2~

Euphoniums Rule!!!
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Euphoniums Rule!!! » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:11 am

we had homecoming game on (10/10) and dance on (10/11) and although I didn't go I sort of wish that I did.
Hi! I'm glad to have met you!

TODrumMajor

Post by TODrumMajor » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:41 pm

we have our homecoming game this friday (the 24th) and the dance this saturday, which also happens to be valley view. what happened my freshman year when this happened is that we had a "band dance" in the ballroom of a hotel when we went up to WBA finals in stockton. we voted for band king and queen and band princes and princesses. fun times
Charlie Nuttall
Visual Staff - Thousand Oaks High School
Visual Staff - San Marcos High School
Former Thousand Oaks Drum Major

eternalbando
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eternalbando » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:27 pm

Our homecoming game was October 10th and the dance was October 11th. We had a parade in the morning and no competition that night...I was happy to get to go...it was my first formal dance :D fun sutff there.
"Love must be sincere..." Romans 12:9

If I "have not love, I am nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:2
Hostrauser's Trivia Contest #3- 4th place

flagchild06
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by flagchild06 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:50 pm

My mom wants to "make sure I don't make her mistakes" aka relive her life so she wants me to go to everything. I didn't go to homecoming and her and my eventually stepdad feel that school events are going to last longer than band events. I wouldn't have had a date so what's really the point?
Uh-oh for life!
EAT THE FREAKIN COOKIE!!!
I can't get my fat ass off the ground.
Because God said I could be a super ninja.

rockchick04
Rookie
Rookie

Post by rockchick04 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:52 pm

Our game is Nov. 7th and our dance is the 8th. I'm pretty excited. Last homecoming of high school..I'm ready to pig out and dance the night away. :D