who watches anime or reads manga?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

phlpngeek04
New Recruit
New Recruit

Inuyasha, baby!!

Post by phlpngeek04 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:34 am

i dont really read mangas so...yeah. i love inuyasha the most, fooly cooly, blue gender i think is anime :?: , um... i think thats it.
Cpl Fontilara
USMC
Currently at MCAS Miramar, San Diego, CA

laughingbounder

Post by laughingbounder » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:00 pm

FREAK YEAH!! NARUTO!!

I'm still waiting for my Shaman King... lol. My friend's supposed to give it to me... I don't want to watch it on FOXBOX Cause I don't trust anime and the hands of stations like that... Same goes for Yu-Gi-Oh and Dragonball and Yuyu Hakusho...

Gundam Seed seems Ok too... I've only seen a couple though...

DJTyrant
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DJTyrant » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:20 pm

Shaman King is only good as a manga. The dubbing is horrible on Fox Box. Stupid whiny kid, I don't need to hear that garbage.
Jimmy Blocksom
Assistant Drum Major
Buena High School
GRADUATED
I miss marching, I really do...my life feels a little empty without it...

Zeta

Post by Zeta » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:25 pm

Anime, it's like 1/3 of what I live for! So far, the best two that I've seen are Blue Submarine No.6 and Gundam 0079. The jazz on Blue 6 is just all around PERFECT IN EVERY WAY and the animation is simply picturesque (they used a fair amount of CG but it doesn't look so out of place). And 0079 is just timeless, though it doesn't get that good until later on in the series. Akira is another one that is really amazing, it's all hand drawn if you can believe it after seeing it. Evangelion was excellent in the fact that it had a really deep plot that I doubt any one person can figure out on their own. All of Hayao Miyazaki's films were great, I reccomend that you at least rent anything that I've mentioned so far.
Other noteworthy anime/manga are:
Zeta Gundam (or any other U.C. Gundam series)
Naruto
Robotech
Escaflowne (I liked the movie better, but that's a whole different thread)
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Excel Saga
Sakura Wars
Rahxephon
Star Ocean EX (I bought the boxedset, but it was poorly translated, the fansub was way better)
Hellsing
Lupin III (I don't know why, just a criminal as the main character is at least something unusual)
There are others, but I don't quite remember them right now

Some things that I thought were ok, but I don't think are worth buying
Tenchi (all series)
Candidate for Godess
Trigun
Full Metal Panic
Slayers

Some things that I thought were not quite up to par
Love Hina- RP (repetitive, I'm going to be typing this more than once) Manga isn't much better.
Love Hina again- RP
Lost Universe- RP
Pokemon- RP RP RP RP!!!!!
Kenshin- he's just uber from the start, it's no fun
any A.U. gundam series except Seed (just 'cause I'm a U.C. Zealot! But Seed is ok since it's based off of U.C.)

That's my 2¥ on anime
It's a matter of course

DJTyrant
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by DJTyrant » Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:51 pm

How dare you trash Love Hina. How can you not want an anime where the main character you are jealous of the whole time because he has a lot of beautiful women LIVING WITH HIM. How can you not feel for Keitaro :).
Jimmy Blocksom
Assistant Drum Major
Buena High School
GRADUATED
I miss marching, I really do...my life feels a little empty without it...

laughingbounder

Post by laughingbounder » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:06 pm

Trigun is SO AWESOME!! Man, it's TOO awesome. I love the action, graphics, plot, EVERYTHING!! I just hate those insurance girls. Man, they're annoying. Do they help develop the storyline? No. Are they likeable? Not really. Are they funny? Nothing that Vash can't handle alone. SO WHY ARE THEY THERE?!?!!

And for Shaman King. They call Manta Morty. MORTY!! I could cry.

Naruto... The only thing I don't like about Naruto are those stupid Sakura/Ino flashbacks. A couple would be OK, but they way over did it. If it takes up three minutes, that's ok. But if it takes three friggin episodes, it's a bit too much. And I don't like Sakura. No good whiny annoying brat. grrr. If she's so good with Chakra, then why can't she do any Jutsus?!?! [except those ones you learn in the academy. which are the only ones she knows.]