your turn, boys

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

arcadiatrumpette
New Recruit
New Recruit

your turn, boys

Post by arcadiatrumpette » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:13 pm

there's this guy i've been eyeing for quite a while, but unfortunately, he is not in band (meaning that getting to know him would only be...oh...a million times harder). anyway, i've been trying to chat with him, but he's always either surrounded by other girls, or i end up feeling annoying to him cuz i'm so persistant. he's been very sweet to me, but he's such a gentleman that i don't know if the sweetness applies to everyone. so. anybody wanna give some tips? any would be appreciated. :D

other than my little thing there, any guys have general tips and tricks? (other than "be yourself" -- that's universal knowledge.)
q: what was dr. beat before he became a doctor?

a: a metro gnome!!!

----
diggadiggadiggadiggadadaDUMMMM

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:52 pm

DON'T GABBER AWAY TO HIM!!!
Try some casual talking, maybe ask him what he's interested in and go with that conversation. Also, don't try talking to him when he's surrounded by friends...you'll only get half a conversation. Best to find him in the halls or before/after school. Maybe even during classes.

I wouldn't have a problem if a girl started talking to me in front of my friends but some guys are like that. Don't tell him you like him or anything...not right away. We guys are perceptive (well maybe not me...long story) and if you don't gabber away, he'll know how you feel. The next few days will determine if he likes you back. He might say hi when he sees you (good) or if he ignores you (bad), that because you annoyed him first time around, or he's a really shy guy.

Good luck!!!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

"Its not what you do or what you say, but HOW you do it that matters the most"

UC: Riverside, Class Of 2007

Shrekinet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Shrekinet » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:13 pm

Um...im kinda stupid and i wanted to know what you meant by when you said that guys are perceptive . i looked it up and like i still dont get
the definition. if it's the same thing as intuitive, i didnt know that guys were like that. haha. and i also looked up gabber and it was all *idle talk*. is that like small or meaningless talk? im kind dumb :roll: sorry, i just this it's kinda kewl to see how guys look at relationships and i just wanted you to clarify that stuffoz.

PS. Maybe one day you can tell us about how you're unperceptive. (lol, if thats even a word) :D

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:06 pm

Shrekinet wrote:Um...im kinda stupid and i wanted to know what you meant by when you said that guys are perceptive . i looked it up and like i still dont get
the definition. if it's the same thing as intuitive, i didnt know that guys were like that. haha. and i also looked up gabber and it was all *idle talk*. is that like small or meaningless talk? im kind dumb :roll: sorry, i just this it's kinda kewl to see how guys look at relationships and i just wanted you to clarify that stuffoz.

PS. Maybe one day you can tell us about how you're unperceptive. (lol, if thats even a word) :D
Perceptive---hmm. Now that I think of it, it is hard to explain. The way I meant it was...able to pick up something that isn't mentioned. Like when you are talking to someone and they really don't talk much back. Then you think "Oh, they don't want to talk to me", so you stop. Thats being perceptive.
Guys normally aren't like that!

And Gabber. I meant gabber as just rolling away on a conversation, stopping for only breathing.

Sorry!!!!
"It is your destiny to be the leader who uses this event to rally a city, a nation...a world"

Shrekinet
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Shrekinet » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:01 pm

aw...no need to be sorry! im dumb for not understanding your neat vocab. =)

arcadiatrumpette
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by arcadiatrumpette » Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:00 pm

geebus...boys are so weird. what's up with him like...not responding...but iming me first....and then he said hi to me today out of nowhere. i am SO confused.

thanks for the help so far though. :-D

----

JohnnyffX
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JohnnyffX » Tue Oct 07, 2003 8:00 pm

i dont think this is much advice but it would be wise to just cut to the chase and start talking to the person you like ...that's what i did the point here is that there is not point beating around the bush deal with it as quick as possible and deal with whatever is thrown at you thats life ...and if things dont work out sorry..but remember life goes on ...plenty other fish in the sea i should say..
The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong...

Cole167888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cole167888 » Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:52 pm

Don't talk a lot but when you talk, make it appriciative and nice. Don't purposely be annoying to get attention. I hate that a lot, and I don't think any guys like "wow, she just screamed my name from across the country....thats hot"
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

hmm...

Post by shorts » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:38 pm

i'm not a guy, so i don't know if my thoughts really count, but i'll share them anyway. umm actually i think it kind of depends on what kind of guy he is and what kind of girl he likes. some guys think that yelling his name is annoying while some think it's..unannoying..? but i think you should take it a little slow at first. meaning not trying to have a long vigorous conversation the second time you ever talk to him. start with saying hi and build up from there. if you can catch him by himself and talk to him that way. i did that once and it's funny to look back on now because you could say that he looked lonely and stuff. but that's not the point. don't don't don't talk about ex boyfriends or your friends that like you or anything like that. some girls think that it makes a guy want them, but it actually doesn't. good luck, i hope everything goes well. if i think of anything else i'll be sure and post it.

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:58 pm

Damn...your more of a guy than I am...
Just kidding!
All that stuff is 100% true.

arcadiatrumpette
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by arcadiatrumpette » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:20 pm

i congratulate myself for growing new balls. lol. that sounds REALLY sick, but seriously.

i asked him to homecoming today...

:oops: !!!

yeah. now all the girls think i have more balls than the guys...lol

----

DJ-PsiLon
Section Leader
Section Leader

Post by DJ-PsiLon » Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:26 pm

arcadiatrumpette wrote:i congratulate myself for growing new balls. lol. that sounds REALLY sick, but seriously.

i asked him to homecoming today...

:oops: !!!

yeah. now all the girls think i have more balls than the guys...lol
Awwww the young ones are growing up!!! Someone take a picture!! hehe
Formerly known as [UCI]-Mike

formermarcher
Grand PooBah
Grand PooBah

Post by formermarcher » Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:02 am

Ya know, I thought ya were normal, Mike. Your scaring me now...

shorts
Rookie
Rookie

haha.

Post by shorts » Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:57 pm

congratulations!! that's really cool though, hopefully (if he said yes), you guys will have alot of fun together. hahaha. i just realized that 'trumpette' was like a chick trumpet player. i thought you just didn't know how to spell trumpet. haha. yeah that is all. Ü

micaela