What's up with your screen name?

Any topic is game... you can discuss it here! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderators: malletphreak, Hostrauser

Marianne
Section Leader
Section Leader

Re: What's up with your screen name?

Post by Marianne » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Mine's not exactly creative. It's what my mama decided to call me. :D One of the first message boards I signed up for was a drum corps board. I was new to the Internet and wasn't hip on the idea of using a screen name. There'd also been a hubub of "man up and use your real name" type of challenges by some towards others who liked to stir up trouble and hide behind a screen name. So when it became a registered users only board, I just used my first name.

There is a bit of a story behind my real name though. Mom was in her hospital bed after I was born, and heard the calypso song Marianne on the radio. She liked the music, as well as the name spelling, so I got tagged. Muchacos of Hawthorne, NJ also liked the song, as it was in their repertoire '74-76. 8-) Oh, and a large variety of corps liked my birth sign too. Aquarius! I guess I'm just a popular person in drum corps. :P

Other names I've used elsewhere include:

Wolfsoul7 (and variations of depending on availability), cause I love wolves. Its kind of my generic username if I don’t have a specific reason for another name.

Flatfoote on the figure skating boards - to denote I'm only a fan and have never worn skates in my lfe (feet flat on the ground, no blades in between).

AuntieM on the Troopers board, which I changed last summer after using Wolfsoul7 the first couple of years. When my niece marched in '05, I used the handle TrooperAunt in chat. She didn't return when the corps did in ’07, but I couldn’t stay away from chat. I made a whole new set of friends of parents/alumni/etc, and am pretty much now a regular on the board/chat. They started calling me Auntie in chat, and I decided it was time to change my moniker. I was no longer really a Trooper Aunt, but I liked how they all called me Auntie. So I changed to AuntieM for chat and the boards. If people on the other boards didn’t already know me well as Marianne, AuntieM probably would be my moniker for all the drum corps related boards. But I think I’ll just keep things the way they are.

Whoami on a board called TV Clubhouse (where I originated my Football Pool game that I run here now too). It’s a board that discusses everything under the sun. But its origins are as a Big Brother fan club board. When I joined up, others were naming themselves after cast members on BB they were fans of at the time. I had been in chat on CBS discussing the show and had signed up as a different name each time I checked in. I didn’t want to saddle myself with BunkyIsHunky (or some other stupid name that others were logging in under). After about the 3rd log in, and 3rd name, I logged in, the prompt asked me for my handle, and I sat and thought about it, wondering who I wanted to be that time. I came up with WhoAmI, and the name just stuck. When someone from CBS chat directed me to TV Clubhouse, I took that name with me.
BK Rifle 68-74
Trooper Sis '84
Trooper Aunt '05

dmcoach
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by dmcoach » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Marianne wrote: There is a bit of a story behind my real name though. Mom was in her hospital bed after I was born, and heard the calypso song Marianne on the radio. She liked the music, as well as the name spelling, so I got tagged.
Wow, I have a similar story for my name. Except, it was after I was born. They apparently expected a girl (no Ultrasound), but ended up with me. Unfortunately, they only had a girl's name prepared, so they chose a combo of what was playing at the time. My first name ended up as "Bryan Stewart". A mash-up from the movie "Bryan's Song" and 80's singer Rod Stewart.

:oops:

SavvyLee
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by SavvyLee » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:36 pm

My nickname (Savvy) and my middle name (Lee) stuck together.
THIS is why we do what we do.

Nreuest
Drum Major
Drum Major

Post by Nreuest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 am

Nreuest is an anagram of my old section leader's first name from soph-junior year.
"I haven't slept for ten days......because that would be too long." - Mitch Hedberg

Raiderette Cheyenne
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Raiderette Cheyenne » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:19 pm

JediMasterBando wrote:JediMasterBando- I was in band for 13 years and I have the power of the Force, duh.

:jedi:

Incidentally, Yoda is way smaller in person.
Are you sure your not Yoda??

Raiderette Cheyenne= Name plus school mascot. LAME. But useful.
notnormalgirl713=7th grade in "I'm going to be an individual and not go with something people would admit..." phase, unfortunatly, everyone admits it, so it's not unique.
anarchistheart713= love with out rules or government
713= luck and unluck make no luck.

ovhs_sousaman
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by ovhs_sousaman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:15 pm

ovhs- Ocean View High School, my school

_- it's just an underscore, not some obscure symbol

sousaman- I am the band's tuba player
Sean Yeutter

I've marched a bit. 4 years at Ocean View High School, three on tuba, a season with Impulse Drum and Bugle Corps.

jaybird3
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by jaybird3 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:40 pm

jaybird3

jaybird = initials. (:

3= fav number (:

easy peezy lemon squeezy.
jb <3

s3si1u
New Recruit